Paint Code Confusion???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Code Confusion???

Can anybody help with the Toters paint code, I posted on STT and got a response that further confuses me. I know that "par" represents differsnt areas of the truck, but need to know for sure which ones specificly.

[img][/img]

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Well what color did the Exterior paint code 6303 turn out to be?
    It has the two-tone mouldings, but they MAY not have been used for a two-tone paint line.

I think these colors COULD be Interior; dash, upper and lower door panels, seat frame etc. and wheels.

This is after all, a very special custom ordered fleet Truck, an E28
    1 1/2 Ton Truck, with E13 1 Ton front springs! [:0]

Looks like it was sent to DET (Detroit?) Mobile Homes, for outside work, probably the mirrors and hitch.

Update: Really cool Truck, now we can actually SEE it, in your other post, even cooler! []

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's had an all white repaint, but a very poor one. You can see where it was white over grey at one point. I am mainly trying to figure out the front end. There are the two litte panels on either side of the grill (BBC) that I don't know if they would have beed white or grey. I think it would have looked the best with those panels and fenders in grey, and the grill and hood in white. But i want it to be correct.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Where's the Toter paint police when you need 'em? I'm wondering what was black. Can you post a couple pictures again, John, for us to ponder? That's a unique body. If you have a truck parts book, I think they describe each body part # (PAR?) as well as the manual and Studebaker parts numbers.

Comment

STOP,in the name of paint! Par is short for paragraph and refers to a particular area of the vehicle in the Painting ("P") Information. In the case of the 6303 Special paint the numbered areas are to be painted according to the instructions on the Production Order. Those areas are as follows:
          par. 1- Door & Cab below the Two Tone Mldg. This includes across the cab back panel.
          par. 2- Door & Cab above the Two Tone Mldg. This includes across the cab back panel and roof.
          par. 3- Hood
          par. 4- Grill
          par. 5- Front Fenders
          par. 10- Wheels
          par. 11- Bumper
          Hope this helps.

R2Andy

Niles refers to The Niles Chemical Paint Company in Niles Michigan.
          R2Andrea

Comment

John,

I am the grandson to the original dealer that sold all of these cars. In fact my grandpa, Jim Huntoon still has the book with all the sales of these trucks. He will be able to tell you in great detail everything about these trucks. On something of a side note, they were featured in the Dec 1963 Studebaker News because they had sold so many trucks to Detroiter Mobile Homes based out of St. Louis, MI. Send me an e-mail and I will get you his contact information. It has been somewhat of a goal of his to track down as many of these trucks as possible. I think right now we have already found 6 or so of them.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 492R5

Send me an e-mail and I will get you his contact information.
              Well Niall; this one was delivered to Alma, MI and is Serial # E28-8941 and was Grey and White, so it must be one of them!

Thanks a lot for the additional information.

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X