race cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• race cars

Now that we know where Gordon Williams' 63 is, does anybody know if STUDEPENDOUS, that 11 second '59 Lark {304-dual afb s/c} is still around? Was built and run by Mike Salamunovich, LA area. Got to run against him at a Stude meet at Irwindale in '77. I got a heckuva head start with my 16.20s 4-sp GT Hawk but he passed me just before the lights and nearly blew me off the track! The car was featured in the December 1973 Hot Rod mag. Thanx, KP

Ken Pyle

I remember that event. I was like 7 years old, but I remember it!!! Dad raced his Wagonaire there that day. I remember Studependous, but I also remember another car called "Lethal Lark" and have wondered where it went as well...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

what about this car?

Orlando FLA
      Orlando FLA

Comment

That's a nice looking 61. Got to love it.

Gordon

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that this '61 is not ALL Stude. like I know Lethal Lark and Studependous were!

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeken

Got to run against him at a Stude meet at Irwindale in '77. I got a heckuva head start with my 16.20s 4-sp GT Hawk but he passed me just before the lights and nearly blew me off the track!
            Yeah Ken that was a lot of fun, do you remember that my wife Sharon ran our Yellow-Gold '63 Regal Wagonaire 289 Auto. against Rosiland Metzker in her '63 Cruiser Overdrive, and won easily? To be fair though, Ros was having some trouble shifting the Lark as the shift collar was worn out, loads of fun, good times! [^]

I may have raced you with our strong running 289 2V "Bee Magnet" Wagonaire!

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Memory's not real clear, but that race day was the highlite of that year. Lost my son 6 months prior, put that black GT together and sold it soon after that meet to pay all the associated expenses. But Irwindale WAS a smiley day! KP

Ken Pyle

Comment

Working...
              X