Dumpster diving treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumpster diving treasure

Truth is, I have ACTUALLY found STUDE-SPECIFIC parts while dumpster diving, but that was only ONE time and I don't figure it'll EVER happen again. (course, if one were to dumpster dive outside of SASCO in the coming weeks!)

But today I drove over to neighboring town Tulare, to visit California Industrial Rubber in hopes of finding some adequate rubber feet to go under my compressor's legs. So far, the best thing I've found are some old stick shift tranny mounts, and CIR didn't have anything better either.

What was cool is that the sales guy told me I could wander their warehouse to look and see what they had in stock! I was like a kid in front of a Christmas display window!

When I got to the custom order area, there were generous leftover pieces of all sorts of belting and rubber sheet stuffed into trash cans. Hoo baby! [] Back up front, I asked the salesman if I might have some of the "scraps" in those wastebaskets? He enthusiatically told me to help myself to whatever I wanted. He advised that I might wanna check the dumpster as well. He didn't have to repeat himself!

What I found in the dumpster was the remnants of some 1/2" rubber sheet that they had cut circular gaskets(?) from. This resulted in some sections of NICE 1/2" rubber sheet that measure a generous 22"X22"X22" triangular pieces. Heh - go to your local supply place and see what they charge for a square inch of this stuff!
    Not only that, there were also large pieces of 1/4" sheet rubber too. That and some belted stuff about 6 or 8" wide. Anybody that wants some of this cool resource, it's first come - first served. You pay only the cost of an adequate flat rate mail box.(MAX $11 bucks) and I'll ship you some of each. In less than a minute, I hauled out way more than I could ever use. But hey - I'm a CASO![}]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Two folks have taken me up on this so far. I got 20lbs of rubber in a flat rate box that ships for $11 bucks! I have enough to do a few more.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Okiebob, I got your request, but when I replied, it bounced.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

Comment

OK! No more to give out. 7 folks spoke up. I think they're getting a deal!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

Comment

Thanks Bob! I think you R Right!

Pat

Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

If we would all be as cool as Bob about willingness to share our "finds" with others, this country would probably be better off!

[img=left]http://simps.us/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]
            Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Hope I'm one of them Mr. Biggs. My old e-mail address was on this site, but got it changed! OkieBob

Comment

I agree with Paul.
                And big THANKS to BOB!

JohnP, driving & reviving
                an early Lark
                sigpic
                JohnP, driving & reviving
                60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Working...
                X