• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato Chip

Fayetteville, AR

I don't think you can reface that one!!

Comment

So...I get up this morning and flip open the laptop...looks like somebody has been sneaking in my "Man Cave" lifting off the head of my engines and snapping pictures! Sheesh! (I gotta teach my "Guard Snake" to bark.)

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

At least you don't have to worry about it going up and down and wearing out parts to let the air go by.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Before you tear down the engine for repair...it would be interesting to see what the lifter clearance is on that particular valve. Any of you who are considering tightening the valves on your engines to make them "Quieter" should consider this picture first.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Good point, John. Had a fellow Studee nut come by last week. As he started his Lark to leave, I commented on how good it sounded. "Yah" he said. "If I could just get those valves to quiet down."
            I responded that they sounded just fine.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

From the thread title, I was expecting to see that you'd found something in a bag of Lays that looked like a C-K car or a Bullet-Nose![]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X