Panel Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel Fit

I was looking at our club president's restored 1964 Daytona recently and he told me some guys in Victoria said the best way to get the panels correctly aligned is to bolt them together loosely then drive around the black several times during which process the panels align themselves and are bolted properly.

Maybe he was having a joke, anyone heard of doing this?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Never heard of it, but it sounds crazy enough to maybe be true.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

That reminds me of a story from my child hood. We had a big Red rooster that kept getting into our garden. A rather mischievous neighbor told my older brother that the best way to train the rooster to stay out of the garden was to take a shotgun shell...remove the shot...reload it with okra seed...and shoot the rooster with it. My brother dutifully and carefully opened a 16 gauge shell...removed the shot...refilled it with dried okra seed...loaded it in the old single shot 16 gauge gun. The next morning when we let the chickens out of the barn the old rooster wandered into the garden and began his usual scratching destruction. Sure enough...one blast solved the problem...after confessing the deed to Mom...my brother had to pluck, clean, and dress what was left of the rooster for Sunday dinner. Before you believe that story...make sure you observe it being used on "his" car.

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Sounds like a good way to chip up a nice paint job.

On its way to a 15.097 Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Spring 2006.

Comment

Indeed it does, interesting concept though (smile).

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
          X