• Show
Clear All

• Nice little '59 Lark VI 2-door

Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/l3mmbs

Looks like a beaut!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

I often wonder why people, such as you did, make statements like "little '59 Lark". It is the same size as any other 1959 Lark. True, it was smaller than previous Studebakers and most other US 1959 model cars. At 175 inches, it is about the size of many current cars. Of course, anyone on this Forum knows the normal size of a '59 Lark and doesn't need the little part. There are a couple of little Larks, like the Hark.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The expression "little" is often used as a term of endearment, Gary.
      It can apply to a car, another object or even a person. There is
      nothing wrong with calling a Lark "little". It's almost like saying
      "cute". Naturally you would NEVER identify a Chevrolet with these
      terms.

Comment

The seller's been a long-time forum participant. Nice fella to deal with.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This is a sweet little car that I can just picture some lovely little old lady getting out of. One you would always see in the church parking lot on Sunday.[:X] Too bad it's an automatic.[xx(] Talk about custom plates! That looks like Arabic Script on the plates.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I often wonder why people, such as you did, make statements like "little '59 Lark". It is the same size as any other 1959 Lark. True, it was smaller than previous Studebakers and most other US 1959 model cars. At 175 inches, it is about the size of many current cars.
            Gary, I love that you're so literal The world needs more plain-spoken people.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

What are you busting the guys balls for? His was just a statement of love for the car. Nothing more........This is not rocket science just Studie love in any form.....me thinks you've got the spring a wee bit too tight:-(

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I often wonder why people, such as you did, make statements like "little '59 Lark". It is the same size as any other 1959 Lark. True, it was smaller than previous Studebakers and most other US 1959 model cars. At 175 inches, it is about the size of many current cars. Of course, anyone on this Forum knows the normal size of a '59 Lark and doesn't need the little part. There are a couple of little Larks, like the Hark.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Actually, I'm sure I've said, of '55 Chevys... "Nice little '55" I describe my '63 as a little Lark. "Little" is a term of endearment. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
                Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

As far as I can tell, this is a well preserved car. I don't have any problem with saying that it's a nice "little" Lark. Since I'm partial to Larks, (I own one) I see the statement as a term of endearment.
                  Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Maybe Gary would be better served by joining the William Buckley Society........AKA........."Highbrows R Us"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

Maybe Gary would be better served by joining the William Buckley Society........AKA........."Highbrows R Us"

Comment

G-D hates pretension:-(

Comment

Boyyy...this makes me think of the airplane fora again...and not in a happy way...c'mon, lighten up, folks...

This Lark, being a '59, is nearly a foot shorter than my beloved '62; so...a little Lark it is! And a really fine-looking example, too.

S.

Comment

I have a "normal sized" 60 Lark, but, being the StudeRookie that I am, would like to know what the Hark is (was?) that Gary referred to . . .

JohnP, driving & reviving
                            an early Lark
                            sigpic
                            JohnP, driving & reviving
                            60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Ah, that's the famous Blackbird...a short-wheelbase two-seater based on the aft end of a Lark and the nose of a Hawk. I've never seen it firsthand, but somebody on here has to have a pic to post (or just do a search for "Blackbird" on the forum)...it's quite the car.

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X