61' Delivery Wagon 2 door large side window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61' Delivery Wagon 2 door large side window

This thing is sweet, I wish it were closer to me. Also has a decent looking 62 4 door for parts.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Possibilities...

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

.I have to wait until noon before I can view the ad

Comment

If it is a "delivery wagon", is the rear door a single door that opens from right to left, or is it a conventional two piece tailgate with an upper and lower?

Comment

Dylan, are you listening? Wow, how cool is that? []

No, Studebaker would never have spent the money to do a complete re-design on the tailgate for those few Govm't orders that wanted a rear seat delete, that is all they did, it is not a Sedan Delivery just a Wagon with windows and no back seat, like the '64 Challenger 4 Dr. Wagon Steve Montegomery had in Bakersfield, CA.

I doubt that he has the special order quick disconnect Zuis (sp) fastener, window blank-out panels that Studebaker sold to close up the rear side windows, I don't believe they were used on the fleet of seat delete cars.

This car looks stock, with the sliding window & fixed window removed, that's how they all are.

The '62 4Dr. Wagon parts car will have very little in common to the '61 2 dr.

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by s2dwagon

If it is a "delivery wagon", is the rear door a single door that opens from right to left, or is it a conventional two piece tailgate with an upper and lower?
            Unlike the Ford Courier or the Chevrolet Sedan Delivery, Studebaker never used a single side-hinged door, or a one-piece top-hinged tailgate for theirs.

Craig

Comment

I've seen that car all Summer on CL. Biggest challenge would be getting a proper window and seal for each quarter window. AFAIK, there's no wagon made like that- somebody cut the C-pillar out, correct?

I've seen this done on customized wagons before. It's a cool look, but I've always wondered how they make a custom window that size that doesn't look like plexiglass[?]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Oh dang that's cool...and a 62 parts car...oooo...front clip swap, re-create one of the fleet-order 62 2dr wagons...

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Biggest challenge would be getting a proper window and seal for each quarter window. AFAIK, there's no wagon made like that- somebody cut the C-pillar out, correct?[?]
                  The 60 and 61 2 door wagons came like that. 59 was the only Lark wagon that had the extra pillar. So few of these are out there compared to the 59s that most people assume that they have been modified. I had a judge at the South Bend National Meet that thought the car was modified at first glance.

Nick

Comment

I thought that too Bams (about the back quarter windows) but then i seen the NOS quarters are the same way. I LOVE the wagons with that rear quarter window without the pillar. Thats it i have to draw the line i just can't do it. It would be cool though.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

I LOVE the wagons with that rear quarter window without the pillar. Thats it i have to draw the line i just can't do it. It would be cool though.
                      John
                      Come on John you've got that toter to haul it with, Whats a few more in the stable.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Dylan, are you listening? Wow, how cool is that? []

The '62 4Dr. Wagon parts car will have very little in common to the '61 2 dr.

StudeRich
                        Yeah but think how cool it would look in your yard, and it's close by.

Comment

Tempting, but a lot of work, hood, upper n lower gate, etc

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X