Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Stude race car

Paved oval track Late Model:

I don't know anything about the car, driver, or where it raced. Just thought it looked pretty tough[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Heeeeey...Black and white Eye Candy! Greaaaaat!

Live your dreams!
    Live your dreams!

Comment

Don't remember the year.. That car ran in one of the sportsman races at Daytona Speedway in I believe the early 60's.. I will do more research on it tho.. The car had, to the best of my memory a 406 Ford engine and was pretty darn fast.. That swooppie front end was a dead giveaway..

Comment

HEY THE STEERING WHEEL IS ON THE WRONG SIDE.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

O.K. here it is, The 1964 Modified-Sportsman race at Daytona Speedway.. LeeRoy Yarbrough crashed and totalled the car and almost took his life and later had fatal reprecusions from that wreck.. The car was a death trap to start with.. Believe he drove from the back seat

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

HEY THE STEERING WHEEL IS ON THE WRONG SIDE.
            It's hard to tell for sure from the picture, but most of these cars were actually built with the seat and controls in the center of the car. Many also had the driver set back a fair amount. It was partially for protection of the driver, but just as much for weight distribution. I'm just old enough that I drove a few cars set up like this- pretty weird at first[:0] Boy, do I miss those days...

Thanks to Ben for the added info!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
            X