where is the lighting switch for the glove compartment mounted/

What car???

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

1948 champion, I guess that might help!!!

Comment

Hi gnaar1 i am not sure on a 1948 champion but on my 1950 champion it is on the left hand side of the glove compartment.
        Blake

Comment

The wiring I have for the 48 champion has the light which goes in the glove box. The wiring then goes to a switch(?) which is a cylinder about 1/2 long with a holder which is about 2" long. The holder has a hole in it for mounting. My question is where is this attached and how does it work?

Comment

The switch is a mercury switch and mounts on the inside of the glove box door. You have to drill a hole for the mounting screw. Dave Mottle has the installation instructions (with template) for this light. Ask for AC-1607.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!

edited to bump up to top of page because I don't think the original poster has seen the installation intructions information, and I don't have any contact info for him.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Know that the glove box light and switch are different between 47 and 48. Kits for '47 have been rather readily available recently. Correct ones for '48 not so much. I believe they mount differently. But you could make it work.

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Remember that the glove box light is HOT 100% of the time. I had a guy pull is tattered glove box in my driveway, thus setting his car on fire.

Dumb jerk sat there in a smoke filled car blowing on the fire to put it out. Still see his face in the windshield and smoke coming outof the windows.

Comment

Working...
                X