Heater missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater missing

My next project is under the dash. Everything is missing so my question is what other studebakers are interchangable with a '53 coupe.[?]

To clarify...

You're asking what models used the same under dash climatizer defroster assembly? Are you also missing the heater motor in fender and heat core under floor?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have the heater motor in fender and thats all.

Comment

The heater in a 1953 coupe is not under the dash. Are you sure that it is missing? The defroster was under the dash. the heater was under the seat. Of course this assumes that the car has an optional heater. I have owned some that were not equipped with a heater.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by emc53

My next project is under the dash. Everything is missing so my question is what other studebakers are interchangable with a '53 coupe.[?]
          You can use the 6 Volt Fan Motor and Def. Motor and heat (Temp) control handle from any C or K body 1953 to 1955 Champion or Commander, and the switches from a '53 or '54 Champion or Commander, the knob style of each will differ however.

You can use all the rest of the ducting, Heater & Defroster cores, Def. splitter duct, boxes, hoses, Heater Control Valve etc. from any 1953 to 1962 C or K, includes Hawk.

The parts are all shown in the '53-'58 Studebaker Body Parts Catalog under Accessories. Available on CD Disc. or in Book Form.

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich
            Thanks that is what I needed to know.

Comment

I think I have some of those pieces (used) if you're in need.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X