Hudson helps sell a Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson helps sell a Stude

We were in Indiana visiting family last week and went to the Indiana State Fair on Monday. My wife and I were cruising through the Ag/Ball State building and happen to stop at the IN DNR display and chatted with a man and woman manning the booth. The gentleman happened to notice the '52 Hornet on my T-shirt and said he always liked those. We discussed Hudsons for a few minutes and I said I also was into Studebakers and had a couple of Hawks. The woman in the booth immediately said how would you like another one? She said here husband had died a couple of years ago and never finished a '62 GT he had gotten. Well, if I bought another car I would be in divorce court within hours, so I said if she would give me the info I would pass it along to try and help her out. So we traded info and off I went. Well my brother who had helped me on my '64 R2 was in another building and I mentioned it to him, not figuring he had any interest. He said how much and I said I did not know. So we went back to get more info. My brother said he would like to look at it and so a couple of days later we were on our way to Rensellear IN.

Needless to say he bought the car at an OK price. It is a pretty well optioned '62, 4spd, 4bbl carb, PS, PB, factory AC, full gauges. It had been stripped, and primer coated to stop the rust at the shop it had been at. It had the typical mid-west rust in the fenders, rockers, doors, but only 50K original miles. So it is a good project. We also got all the trim, etc. so it is all there. Here are a couple of pics.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

That's an interesting story, Dan; thanks for the post. Full dash and a four-speed; lookin' good!
    Those look like some seriously old tires. 'Must've been off the road a long time. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Dan, dag-nabbit! What a deal! Nice, loaded GT there! Too Cool![8D]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

From the title it looks like it was purchased by the PO in '99 but not on the road until '04 (briefly) before going to the body shop where it was worked on until the man was diagnosed with cancer. . Yes the tires have seen their better day but still held air. It was sitting in a pole barn for about 3 years from what the owner's widow told us. However, we poured gas in and stuck a charged up battery on it and it fired up enough to get it on the trailer. My brother called today and said he got a small gas tank on it and drove it around the farm, ran and shifted fine, but NO BRAKES!

Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
        X