can you say Rust ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you say Rust ?

Sad, as it is a nice combination with the V8 and overdrive.
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

It reminds me of the wagon at the Baty auction which garnered some pretty respectable bids even though it had some bad bubbling in the quarters. This one looks like ol' Earl Scheib has been after it and appears to have had at least 2 color changes and probably a liberal amount of filler.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

The wagon is over 50 years old, show a little respect (LOL). I am glad no one seen my wagon before I started. This looks like a cream puff compared to what I started with. I guess that is why they say "there is a butt(cleaned up word) for every seat! Anyhow I hope it finds a good home. Also haven't heard Earl's named mentioned for years, I wonder if there are any of his shops still around? I heard a couple years back there was. Anyone know of any?

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Shes pretty wavy, that's for sure. But I'd take a chance on that wagon. It's complete, and to me that is worth a lot.
        Very, very, saveable. If my current project was done, I'd be tempted. I so want one of these wagons.

Comment

I'm with Dan

I'll bet you find a gallon of filler between the drivers door and quarter panel. But as with him, I starting to have a Jones for these little two doors.

This one at the right price would be a good start. A lot better than my 54 started out. Just buy a 4X8 sheet of 18 ga and go for it. It looks like contours are still there as guides.

Bob

Comment

I agree with Ken, I wish my 55 Conestoga was in as good a shape as this one when I started. It took me two cars; a 54, and a 55, to come up with one good one. And I'm still working on that, "one good one"! Plus, you don't see to many of them with the back-up lights, nice AC.

I saw an Earl Scheib in Everett, WA on Evergreen Way the other day. Still in business, going strong!

Scott

Comment

You have to wonder about the vise grips keeping the brake pedal from falling through the floor, if I'm seeing that photo properly.

Jim K.
              63 Hawk
              Jim K.
              63 Hawk

Comment

There's an Earl Sheib near here in San Bernaghetto-still doing some business although there are never many cars parked outside.

60 Lark convertible
                61 Champ
                62 Daytona convertible
                63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2)
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I like the color combination. Given other very rusty cars we have seen here lately, this one does not look to bad. But the proof is in looking at the car in real time.

Comment

There is one in Lakewood Calif. on Lakewood Blvd. and the 91 Freeway.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Warren Webb

There's an Earl Sheib near here in San Bernaghetto-still doing some business although there are never many cars parked outside.
                      Well of course you arent going to see them..at Earl Scheib.."In by 9..out by 5 !"

Comment

Thanks for the Earl Scheib sightings. I remember growing up in Niles Ohio(NE Ohio) and there was at least three I remember in a 40 mile radius. $39.95 if I remember correctly (1965 or so). One color only of course. wonder if the shops still that are open are still francises or they are sole owners just hanging on.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
                        X