What a way to start the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a way to start the day

I was totally surprised and angered this morning. When I parked my lark at work, a passerby walked up and said "you know the economy is bad when you gotta drive an old Studebaker around." That sure flashed my temper in a heartbeat. I quickly told him, don't pick on my baby and quickly advised him that my little Lark was worth more than his 1994 Civic and is appreciating rather than depreciating. He tried the "carbon footprint" thing and I asked him if he was aware of the chemicals and petroleum that was used in the manufacture of the plastics on his car and the effects on the environment that had. He wanted to continue running down the car and I politely said I have business I need to attend to. Thats the first time I've encountered such a thing. Thanks for listening to my rant. Thought that whole though process ended years ago

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

I was totally surprised and angered this morning. When I parked my lark at work, a passerby walked up and said "you know the economy is bad when you gotta drive an old Studebaker around." That sure flashed my temper in a heartbeat. I quickly told him, don't pick on my baby and quickly advised him that my little Lark was worth more than his 1994 Civic and is appreciating rather than depreciating. He tried the "carbon footprint" thing and I asked him if he was aware of the chemicals and petroleum that was used in the manufacture of the plastics on his car and the effects on the environment that had. He wanted to continue running down the car and I politely said I have business I need to attend to. Thats the first time I've encountered such a thing. Thanks for listening to my rant. Thought that whole though process ended years ago
      Idiots are everywhere (and they vote!)

(Of course I could make this argument either way!)

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
      http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

I don't think I could've responded without many profanities.

BTW Mr. DeWitt, I didn't even notice the time difference in our posts the other day. duh.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

it's going to get worst these young people are so brain washed the would not know the turth nif it bit them. have you seen ozone al's carbon footprint?

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

I think an awesome way to start the day is with a pump of the gas pedal, a turn of the key, and the sound of a Stude V-8 with an R1 cam and a good dual exhaust. Guy doesn't know what he's missing.

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

That too.. even the little six starting up immediately when you flip the key. I'm quite sure when you figure the service life of this car at 50 yrs old, the carbon footprint is significantly less than any of the new cars as they most likely won't hold together as long.

Comment

Did anyone catch the Nova Science Now show last night? There was a segment on there about biofuels. If you think biofuels are green - HAH! - think again! They might be GREAT out the tailpipe of your Greenie-mobile, BUT, the ramifications around the globe make them MORE hazardous to our health than appearances would indicate.

Now - if we could just do away with that fuels gambling racket they call "oil futures". That's just legalized robbery.[}]

Bob, after thinking about it, I'd have asked how many folks ever even NOTICE what he drives! Like, Pal, how many folks ever even NOTICE what you get around in? How many would say: "My goodness, what a enviro-conscious, and obviously successful individual you are!"[xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

Idiots are everywhere (and they vote!)

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff, cool bumper sticker - where did you get it?

Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Thats true..but regardless of individuals like that one, I will continue driving Studebakers every day as my only transportation until I can no longer get parts to keep em going (fat chance that will be any time soon).

Comment

You should have messed with his mind...
                      Tell him "This has been approved by MSNBC and Rachel Madow drives one around"..."Check it out man!"
                      Betcha a Latte~ he'd change his story in a half second, because he has been conditioned...
                      Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I love the whole "carbon footprint" thing. Last time some 20-something hit me with that, I asked her if she was aware that humans are carbon-based life forms, and that most of her body's solid mass was composed of carbon. She just stared.

"Yeah, think about that for a minute, honey."

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:
                          quote:

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff, cool bumper sticker - where did you get it?

Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                          Thanks!

I made it right here on my little laptop, using nothing more sophisticated than Windows Paint.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
                          http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

One of my favorite lines from the TV show 'Star Trek, The Next Generation' was when they encountered this wierd alien life form dude that spoke though the Rosetta Stone software and said:
                            "You humans are just repulsive bags of water"
                            How smug we Studehumans are
                            Jeff

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

I love the whole "carbon footprint" thing. Last time some 20-something hit me with that, I asked her if she was aware that humans are carbon-based life forms, and that most of her body's solid mass was composed of carbon. She just stared.
                            "Yeah, think about that for a minute, honey."
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

There was a time where I would enter into a debate with these ill-informed zealots, but now I just used an old Aussie put down that doesn't get used all that much since the the 50's - 'pull ya head in'. Now this is a great quip, it can be used in a friendly joking way with a smile, or it can be dressed up with expletives and different tones of the voice. In this case the latter would be applicable I think Probably followed by 'ya F..kW..t' or if you want to get real Aussie, 'ya wombat'

Just adding my bit to Australian / US relations. (Spooky, just as I was typing this the phone rang - 'Hello, Hello...after quite a delay an American male voice from Global Investments want to speak with me'. My mum always said be careful what you write...[:0]

Matt
                              Brisbane
                              Australia

Matt
                              Brisbane
                              Australia
                              Matt
                              Brisbane
                              Australia
                              sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Working...
                              X