Tranny ?? '64 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny ?? '64 Cruiser

This picture's included in the eBay listing for a beautiful Bermuda Brown '64 Cruiser in Salt Lake City:

What transmission does this car have? I've always thought all column-mount FOM patterns were PNDLR...

Mahalo

- K

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

not to hard to have a piece of plastic made up to fir a GM trans..

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
    canbstudebakers-

]
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

In the listing it says it is a 3 spd auto...the photo shows 3spd,your pattern is 2...the listing also says 289? I am guessing this car has a 283/350 TH type combo.

As for nice look up close,the guys ad states "All in the Details, LLC a professional detailing, photography, and consignment service business"

So he has polished it to a high gloss and taken pics at sunset...Not saying it is a wreck but I betcha it is no where near as nice as it looks.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ISpy

In the listing it says it is a 3 spd auto...the photo shows 3spd,your pattern is 2...the listing also says 289? I am guessing this car has a 283/350 TH type combo.

As for nice look up close,the guys ad states "All in the Details, LLC a professional detailing, photography, and consignment service business"

So he has polished it to a high gloss and taken pics at sunset...Not saying it is a wreck but I betcha it is no where near as nice as it looks.
        I think you are correct. Look at the dirt on the pan below the front bumper and also the dirt at the front most bottom of the front fender. Any body that charges a fee for a service is called a professional although the results will sometimes be a bit below the bar. That is a nice looking car. It needs a little work. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

That shift indicator lens is from a early Jeep Wagoneer. Those used the same steering column parts as Studes. They fit in the chrome part exactly. The chrome is exactly the same too for that matter.

I have one in my '53. This is a picture of one compared to the Stude version.

Unfortunately, they are hard to find. Not too many old wagoneers (that are old enough!) to be found in 'yards.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
          X