NOS 289 Crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS 289 Crank

I am in the process of buying a 289 cranks with a part number of 1556444. This one is a virgin. Does anyone have the specification on this crank. I need the main and rod journal size for this puppy.

All 1951 to 1964 Stude. V-8 Engines have the same size Rods and Mains, hence the same Bearings fit them!

Any good Machine Shop would have the specs. but fitting new Standard size Bearings with the Plastigauge method does not require it. [^]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, This is not going to a machine shop. I do not have a book on avanti that give me specifications. This is the long nose crank.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Rich, This is not going to a machine shop. I do not have a book on avanti that give me specifications. This is the long nose crank.
        I can't imagine why you would want to know, because a (Virgin) Standard Crank, long nose for a full flow Engine is no different from Avanti to ANY Stude. [:0]

The Mains are 2.4995 to 2.500 and the Rods are 1.999 to 2.000. and will take ordinary V-8 Standard size Bearings.

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If that is a 289 crank the main should be 2.5000, the rod should be
          1.99925 - 2.00025

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jallen

If that is a 289 crank the main should be 2.5000, the rod should be
            1.99925 - 2.00025
            Yeah, what Rich said. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

The bearings for all Stude V8's are the same. I would recommend having the crankshaft checked for straightness as it's been around for almost 45 years and who knows how it's been handled and stored. I would also recommend having the journals polished as I believe that it will add life to the bearings. Bud

Comment

Working...
                X