quote:Originally posted by GhostMuppet

Who sells 53 hupcaps repos are fine
    Studebaker International
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

SI doesn't list hubcaps OR wheelcovers for a '53.

'53 wheelcovers were one year only (embossed tri-star). They are getting hard to find. I've seen the hubcaps (dog dishes) NOS every now and then.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I don't believe anyone has repopped the '53 Tri-star hub caps or the full wheel covers. They often show up on Ebay (especially the caps).
        I don't see them in the SI catalog. I have one very nice set of full covers. If I decide to use wire wheel covers on my '53, they will be available in the near future.

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

There are NO new '53 Wheelcovers with the tri-star enbossed in the center, also NO new late '53,'54,'55 Wheelcovers without it.

If you truly want "Hub Caps" (bottlecaps) the '53-'55 small caps have the same Gold dished center as the Wheelcover and are available ONLY in NOS condition at SASCO, MAYBE a few more months before they close forever.

This website is for sale! studeparts.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, studeparts.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Do a part Number search for 532324, they are $51.00 each. []

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Does anyone have photos of these two styles for 53...hub caps and wheel discs?

Bill Foy
            Kingston, Ontario
            1964 Wagonaire Slider
            Bill Foy
            1000 Islands, Ontario
            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Here is the '53 full wheel cover w/tri-bars.

The '54 and '55 version looks the same except without the 3 ribs around the center. They are smooth.

There WERE reproductions of the '54/'55 wheelcovers available up to a few years ago. I haven't seen them for a few years now, so I assume the run of them was sold out.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

GhostMuppet - Let's get this clarified? Do you seek "hubcaps" (dog dish) or wheelcovers (full)? Do you want 1953 (tristar) only or are 1954-1955 caps/covers acceptable? Do they have to be NOS or repops? Are used okay, and if so, to what quality level? I know that I have some, but I do not believe that I have any show quality full wheelcovers left.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

There are NO new '53 Wheelcovers with the tri-star enbossed in the center, also NO new late '53,'54,'55 Wheelcovers without it.

StudeRich
                  I bought a set of the repro '54 wheel covers that Dennis was selling a few years back. They were supposedly made from the original molds. He had a Christmas special on them, $125 for a set of four, IIRC. They were really nice!

Chip
                  '63 Cruiser daily driver
                  '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Ebay has a set of four non-tristars bid up to less than $100, as I write this. I have about 15 of them, used, and the best four are at my stainless guy's being renewed. S.I. sells the gold centre paint in a spray bomb, too. Good luck.

Dave Warren
                    Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I thought Dick Quinn Had some '53 wheelcovers reproduced.
                      Anyone remember? I don't see him advertising them anymore.

Comment

IIRC the dies for the full wheel covers were destroyed in a fire a few years back

Jon Krimm
                        1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

Thanks all. To StudeGary I am looking for the full wheel covers. They do not have to have the three spokes. Just the gold center, but if that is all that is possible it would be fine. ALL Four have to be show quality. I have been managing the resurrection of a 53 Champ that is to be a family heirloom and we (the project)are almost finished. Silly me thought everyone loved those full covers and that they had been repoduced. I also mistakenly though they might be easy to get. This is an extremly important project to me. Almost as important as was finding and getting the real muppet car to the museum was.

Comment

Dick Quin??? Is he the guy with the all the historical studebaker pictures.? Anybody have his contact info.

Comment

Richard Quinn is on the Forum as Studebaker Wheel.
                              Although he has been a little scarce lately. Something about retirement...[|)]

KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                              KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X