This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Show Winners

Here are two top 20 winners out of 80 cars enterd from the Classic Car Show down here in Warm & Sunny Hollywood , Fla. We still have it !!! Those Mopar ,Mustang, Corvette and Chevy owners are still waiting to be prized. We prevailed again.

Congrats!
    Nice Avanti. [8D]
    I like the '54 with those wheels. Sharp!

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Congrats!
      Nice Avanti. [8D]
      I like the '54 with those wheels. Sharp!

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like both of these cars have those 'one size fits all' front springs? [:0] I just hate seeing such good looking cars 'up in the front' when we all know they would look so much better the other way around~ or at least level...
        all because someone thinks 'one size fits all' [V] BS- it's NOT true!!!

Other then that- nice lookin' rides!!!
        [^]

StudeDave [8D]
        V/P San Diego County SDC
        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like both of these cars have those 'one size fits all' front springs? [:0] I just hate seeing such good looking cars 'up in the front' when we all know they would look so much better the other way around~ or at least level...

[^]

StudeDave [8D]
          V/P San Diego County SDC
          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

So then that Avanti's not 4WD?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

So then that Avanti's not 4WD?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:[i]Originally posted by StudeDave57 I just hate seeing such good looking cars 'up in the front' when we all know they would look [i]so much better
                Dave! You're harping about the stance when those whitewalls look goofy with the Keystones?

Chris Pile
                The Studebaker Special
                Midway Chapter SDC
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:[i]Originally posted by StudeDave57 I just hate seeing such good looking cars 'up in the front' when we all know they would look [i]so much better
                  Dave! You're harping about the stance when those whitewalls look goofy with the Keystones?

Chris Pile
                  The Studebaker Special
                  Midway Chapter SDC
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Beautiful '54 but the wheels spoil it. [xx(] If you must have aftermarket wheels, don't combine them with wide whites!

Comment

Beautiful '54 but the wheels spoil it. [xx(] If you must have aftermarket wheels, don't combine them with wide whites!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

[^]
                        The Avanti is a II. They sit higher than thge originals (Newman-Altman decision early on). The '54 does need Dick Steinkamp's treatment (cut part of a coil). I do like the wheels too, but the wide whites just don't work with modern wheels.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                        Museum R-4 engine
                        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

[^]
                          The Avanti is a II. They sit higher than thge originals (Newman-Altman decision early on). The '54 does need Dick Steinkamp's treatment (cut part of a coil). I do like the wheels too, but the wide whites just don't work with modern wheels.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                          Museum R-4 engine
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The Rake is too high on my II. But, if I lower it about 1 in. ( no coil heating or coil cutting, I may have air filter clearance issues. My Edelbrock 4 barrell's chrome triangle filter & cover just clears the hood. Also, my temp is running about 180 on the road. Less air would get thru and it may raise the running temp, which I do not want to do down here in Hot & Humid South Fla.[8D]

Comment

The Rake is too high on my II. But, if I lower it about 1 in. ( no coil heating or coil cutting, I may have air filter clearance issues. My Edelbrock 4 barrell's chrome triangle filter & cover just clears the hood. Also, my temp is running about 180 on the road. Less air would get thru and it may raise the running temp, which I do not want to do down here in Hot & Humid South Fla.[8D]

Comment

Working...
                              X