Dash switch removal tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash switch removal tool

Everybody should have one in their tool box!

Yes, there are many ways to fanagle the nuts off, including grinding up a piece of just the right size tubing, or scratching the crap out of it with a screwdriver and hammer, but for the money this may be worth the investment

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Congratulation on not losing that since 1970, Jeff. [:0] I can't say that about much in my tool box even though it contains tools inherited from both of my grandfathers and my dad. They all tend to end up in several places due to operator error, but eventually make it back in there.
    I wish the picture was brighter for this Ebay ad/auction to see its workmanship. Another angle would have been nice, too.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Everybody should have one in their tool box!

Yes, there are many ways to fanagle the nuts off, including grinding up a piece of just the right size tubing, or scratching the crap out of it with a screwdriver and hammer, but for the money this may be worth the investment

Parish, central NY 13131 Every body that has the Hawk type toggle switch nuts. Hi Bob jimmijim

only if you have to remove the Hawk type switch nuts. hi Bob jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Didn't know that, Jim, thanks! Ordered one anyway.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

BAMS

That is a fair price for the tool.

I'm lucky, However, in that I own a 10" grinder, 14" x 40" lathe and a vertical mill drill. So I save pipe from my plumbing and fab jobs and make my own.

Therefore, the first tool cost me about $4000 but they drop in price substantially as I make more.

Heck, by the time I'm 438 yrs old, my cost will be about $9 each

Oh well, at least I can use them fab other jobs that my friends need. For Free - by the way.

WILL WORK FOR SAM ADAMS LAGER!!![)]

Bob

Comment

The second generation '55s need this too. I made one with a file and a 3 inch piece of 1/2 in copper tubing. It's still rolling around on the floor, somewhere.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
            Tom Bredehoft
            '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
            '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
            (Under Construction 617 hrs.)
            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
            All Indiana built cars

Comment

I can't remember if it was Snap-On or Proto, but one of them offered these in 1/4" drive form. I actually have the four different sizes they offered. That was in the early 70s.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

FYI, this seller makes a ton of these type of specialty tools- for antenna and wiper shaft nuts, oil pump primer shafts, rear end yoke pullers, even a Stude ignition bezel nut tool. Currently shows 188 listings on eBay. I see about 20 things I wish I had had in the past

eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Just ordered one of these 3/4in. tools for Hawks, John at johnscudashop.com or customachinecomponents on ebay also has the 5/8in. Bezel Nut Tool for '55-'58 Stude. Sedans as well as all other make Ign. Sw. & Hd. Lt. Sw. tools, pretty cool! I thought it might be Jeff, but in Myrtle Beach, SC and a Cuda guy, maybe NOT!

As soon as he tells me if the wrench end is hollow (open) I'll order the 5/8in. one also.

A good nitch market! Good tip Bob, thanks. [^]

StudeRich
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I originally found this guy's listings about a month ago with [u]Studebaker</u> mispelled. I told him it looked like he had a great product and he would get more "action" if he spelled Studebaker correctly. I did not hear back from him, but it looks like he took my advice.[^]

KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I recently ordered the bezel tool,i guess i didnt see there were two diffrent sizes,i sent the 3/4 back and John is
                      going to send me the 5/8 i need for my 62 Champ,no extra charge for shipping,great company to deal with.

Lenny
                      Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Thanks for the info bams

Shane Kennewick,WA

Comment

You're welcome!

Update: Ordered on the 12th, in my mailbox on the 14th. Good service!

Pretty precision little item. Feels like a short 1/2 inch socket in the hand. I went out to the GT and tried it; had to fiddle just a little to get it seated on the nut- due to somebody previously dinging up the nut with a chisel or something. It's really a well-done little piece, and I'd have had to spend a lot of time making one that would not have come out as good as this. Truth is, I wouldn't have- I'd just use an old screwdriver and hammer, or maybe a pair of needle-nose pliers (thus causing my own dings and scratches[:I]).

I'm glad I bought it... now the only problem I can see is putting it where I can find it when I need it

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

I'm lucky, However, in that I own a 10" grinder, 14" x 40" lathe and a vertical mill drill.

Therefore, the first tool cost me about $4000 but they drop in price substantially as I make more.

Heck, by the time I'm 438 yrs old, my cost will be about $9 each

Oh well, at least I can use them fab other jobs that my friends need. For Free - by the way.

WILL WORK FOR SAM ADAMS LAGER!!![)]
                            I like your business model

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Made four of these about thirtyeight yrs ago out of stainless tubeing, cut them on a mill around four to five in. long with a t-handle, gave three away still have one hanging on the wall, needed one when restoreing my 57 gh. MAC

Comment

Working...
                              X