Wednesday 8/12 Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 8/12 Eye Candy

Looks like the one i tried to buy just out of Stillwater Ok, Dave Lester Turned me on to it

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Long profile gets even longer... I like it.

Chris Pile
      Editor: The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That car looks a little bit longer than most. I wonder whyscome. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I have seen this car many times on a Stude website and find it very interesting as it resembles our Studebird with the continental kit. Notice the seam where rear quarters were extended to accomodate the kit. Too bad, otherwise IMHO a real beauty. Check out below the custom work done by my wife's father and uncle over 50 years ago.

Tim-Custom '53 Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ
          Restoration pictures at http://www.jimsrodshop.net/31.html
          Car history at http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=30556
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

And everyone knows this kit wasn't just for looks. I mean, where else ya gonna stash that Johnson Sea-horse if you don't take out the spare tire? [)]

John

Comment

It's nicely done alright, but it just looks WEIRD. Does anyone know if this company provided longer stainless fender caps? Or did they just modify existing trim to fit the extended fenders?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

In the brochure, it appears they just added a piece to extend the OEM one.

John

Comment

It just adds a little moreto a Studes nose high stance [)]

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

And everyone knows this kit wasn't just for looks. I mean, where else ya gonna stash that Johnson Sea-horse if you don't take out the spare tire? [)]

John
                    Boy oh boy, that fellow's got some junk in that trunk! Wonder how he's gonna fit the boat in the trunk with that outboard stuffed in there? Even though it looks like they spent considerable time and effort trying to make that continental kit look good, it does the lines of the Stude coupe no justice, in my opinion. I say leave the spare in the trunk, and bolt the boat motor to the back bumper1[)] LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
                    Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Working...
                    X