Cruiser Reduzer - new photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiser Reduzer - new photo

I'm reducing my 61 Cruiser to parts. This has been the plan for some time now and while I ought to be working on the '63, circumstances wriggled around to where I'll get this task out of the way first.

I was gonna get the underpinnings out of it and let the scrap trio redeem the leftovers at the scrap yard. In fact, they were sposed to be here early this AM and they never ever showed. After walking around it twice, I figured I might's well just strip it and keep everything that's worth something. I have the space and the county's not after me at the moment......

So I've been working at it little by little thru the day. It's slid past 100 and did so about noon, so I work a bit and refresh in the house alot. Thought at one point as to how hard it would be for me to establish a web cam so the progress could be observed my others. I've got the fixin's, but not the savvy. So anyway....

AM

PM

This last pic tells a bit of the tale of why Studebaker went under. When you have to remove the welded in body brace behind the rear seat AND THEN chisle two holes in the floorboards to facilitate changing the rear shocks, well, you can see how that might affect the attitudes of owners and mechanics alike.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

That some good progress. RIP lark, at least you are giving away some nice parts. Did that passenger side front fender used to be a NOS one? Its afully nice.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Biggs, sure was a rust bucket. not jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

would you be interested in selling the brake/clutch assy.and all the linkage that goes with it??? my e-mail is on my profile thanks charlie

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Look at that floor I would DIE to find in any midwest used car!!!

Comment

Yeah Rich...I was thinking the same thing...certainly miles better than the "metal quilt" floor in my '62! Maybe the Cruiser can end up donating those bits too...

S.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Look at that floor I would DIE to find in any midwest used car!!!
              Real Estate and The Collector-Car Hobby have three things in common, Rich: Location, location, location!

Sad to consider the fact that it would cost a solid $1,000++ to get that dry floor structure, and the car to which it is attached, to South Bend.[V] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob you worked on the easy parts, lets see how fast you can get the fenders off the front ones first, then strip it down to a bare frame...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                canbstudebakers-

]
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                  This last pic tells a bit of the tale of why Studebaker went under. When you have to remove the welded in body brace behind the rear seat AND THEN chisle two holes in the floorboards to facilitate changing the rear shocks, well, you can see how that might affect the attitudes of owners and mechanics alike.[V]
                  Well, Bob, I'm sure you know that wasn't entirely necessary, but may have been preferred by a mechanic used to removing everything with an impact wrench. (Granted, removing the horizontal bolt securing the top of the rear shocks is no picnic...) BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob Peterson, I don't live where the daily temps struggle to get into the 60s[}] It was 70-something when I was out at sunrise. The front clip comes off tomorrow, between hauling the wife's teaching stuff back to her room and other considerations. Going for 101 again tomorrow. I don't hurry myself when it's like that - not that I hurry myself much at all anymore.[^]

Indeed, the floor is slated to be diced up. I figure the pillar lower ends and attaching floor pan would put a smile on the face of someone trying to revive a Midwestern rust bucket. I'm just sad I didn't make myself take time to cut the same from that '59 W6 It's floors were almost as nice.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Everything sheet metal is off now. I'm temped to drive it down our dead end road like this, just for funsies. I want to roll the tub off, but have to disable the brakes to do so.

BTW, the only fasteners that offered any resistance were several door hinge screws that twisted off. Everything else spun out as if it had been installed yesterday.[^] The front fenders are obviously off a 63 Lark Standard. Two of them, in fact. They're each wearing a different color inside.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

Comment

Mr Biggs,
                        Not trying to give you unneeded grief, but why did you part this car out? It surely looked restorable, and appeared to be unusually short of rust. Seems like a lot of decent Larks meet this sad fate. LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
                        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Mr Biggs. Daily tems. for the s.f.
                          east bay for the rest of the week.

TUE. 69/97
                          WED. 66/97
                          THU. 66/93
                          FRI. 66/92

TO DAY WAS 67/96

Comment

Those are nice days for us![:0]

Lark Hunter, I bought this car because the PO had put alot of money into the mechanics of it and I just thought it was too good to pass up in THAT respect. I briefly thought about trying to make it better as a Cruiser, but I already have too many keepers AND the guy I bought it from had been trying unsuccessfully to sell it for some time before I finally stepped up. (For $800 bucks)

The complete new dual exhaust system goes on my Cruiser. The engine, brakes and tires (all new) will breathe life into my 57 President eventually.[^]
                            I've already sold and used other bits and pieces off of it, so it's serving to support other Studes.

I WAS going to let the scrappers have everything body-wise, but just couldn't bring myself to do that in the end. SO - the stuff will sit here until (if ever) someone calls for it or I croak. Whichever comes first.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1963 Cruiser
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

Comment

TOO LATE:

I could have used lots of parts off of this car. As you can see mine was RUSTY!!!. Have to had fabricate new floor pans, firewall posts, trunk floor and parts of wheelhouses and rear door jam.

Try to save those areas that are good as there are lost of rusty cars in the North (in this case Manitoba, Cdn) that need donor parts.

[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X