K body door gasket pix needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K body door gasket pix needed

I'm putting the gaskets back on the 54K doors and door openings.

I need a picture or two of the gaskets that the doors close on at the front of the doors from the door middle to the roof.

They were missing when I tore the car apart years ago so my pictures are of no use.

Thanks, Bob

the thin rubber gasket slips between the two stainless pieces that attach to the A pillar. Mark and punch holes. Be sure to have the correct right and left stainless pieces, there is a sidedness, as you probably know

ok

Comment

Are you looking for the pc that fits into the stainless channel that screws to the windshield post? The vent window frame closes against it. Or, there is the rubber strip with the "funny" end that glues to the body along the front of the door opening. The entire front edge of the door closes on that. Then, there is a wedge shaped foam rubber part about 8" long that glues to the upper corner of the door itself below the vent window....

If its the 1st one, there is also a flat rubber gasket that goes under the stainless between it and the A post. If nobody else has pics I can get some later.

If you have the body parts book, there is a drawing that may be somewhat helpful too on where things go.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Jeff

I would really like pictures of all three gaskets installed that you described. I have the Manual but not the parts book. I have the gaskets but I can see a couple of ways each can be installed.

I would really appreciate a shot or two of the areas described when you get a chance.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

Here are some pix I took. If they aren't clear enough, I can post higher res ones. I am on dialup and the net tonight is so slow it would have to speed up to stop!!!

From the parts book. The 2320-63-1 is a very thin flat strip that goes up against the A piller under the trim that holds the 2320-53 that is the part you can see in the pictures. There is a similar one under the flipper seal along the roof rail.

This is that door wedge part. My original doors never had these but the doors on the car now were from a '55 and had. I think they are added to help prevent water leaks near the upper hinge.

The rest are sort of self-explanatory.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks Jeff

That's exactly what I needed.

I can't thank you enough.

Bob

Comment

Me, too. Thanks, Jeff.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Hey I need the piece shown in the first pic, The one attached to the top corner of the door. does anyone know what it would be called or a part #? I cant tell if it is available when looking at the SI catalog. do they have it? would be the upper corner seal?
                Thanks

1957 Golden Hawk
                "Studebaker? they dont make them anymore"
                sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X