Cold Case aired Sunday 8/9/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Case aired Sunday 8/9/09

Did'ja see it! A '56 Stude used in this episode, good shots of it actually "speeding" and a hasty gravel shoulder to return to road surface rubber squeel. Story was about racial tensions of the south during 1964. Sad, miserable times indeed. Seems so long ago, but I was in high school then and can remember those ugly days. Then the war (Vietnam) came slamming in my face and so did my draft card, so I forgot events of civil rights as it took a back seat to more global problems. Sigh,....all stories in themselves. Anyway the Stude looked great! A few years ago my son's 1966 Rambler American was used in an episode of cold case in a diner scene, it's even better when you see your own car on T.V. Great Stuff.

Since Cold Case was an episode I had already seen, I didn't watch last night. This car scene had a thread way back when this episode first aired.

I did watch the Back to Woodstock show on Dateline, though. And there was a little clip of people traveling to the site in which there was a little Lark wagon, maybe a 61 or 62. I'm not familiar enough to pin it down for sure. Had good tail-light lenses, though.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Yes. I did see that one. The '56 Prez played a prominent role in the entire show. That's the first time I've seen a Studebaker in the lead role of a show (I don't watch much TV). The writers must have had a soft spot for the Stude, as they referred to the car as: "Her beloved Studebaker" and "Her precious Studebaker". Neat stuff! LH
      Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Since Cold Case was an episode I had already seen, I didn't watch last night. This car scene had a thread way back when this episode first aired.

I did watch the Back to Woodstock show on Dateline, though. And there was a little clip of people traveling to the site in which there was a little Lark wagon, maybe a 61 or 62. I'm not familiar enough to pin it down for sure. Had good tail-light lenses, though.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Sounds like you're referring to a 1961. LH
        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

WOODSTOCK! I was a Navy medic stationed at the Phildelphia Naval Hospital. Several of us guys wanted to go as New York was a mere 90 miles away. Stern warnings from top military brass warned against going or being seen there as the nature of Woodstock (and it's free spirt) did not conform to the Good 'OL USA "attitude". Furthermore, steep fines and even the omen of spending time in the brig if we were involved in any anti-American scandel was mentioned. I chickened out and did not go. Some others did. Never know what I missed or............???

Comment

Working...
          X