Special Invitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Invitation

Last Friday we were at Chubbys Friday night Car show. This Guy comes up to me and asks it thats my Studebaker. We had the 1957 GoldenHawk there it was car of the week also next to it was our 1957 SilverHawk. Well he had this special Party coming up tonight the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was doing a Fund Raiser at this 3.5 million dollar Home. He was looking for 12 Cars to put on one of the garages for a car Show to go with the silent auctions and numerous other things that they had going. All the people there which there was from 250 to 300 people there got to vote for their favorite car.
    There were two 1958 Chevy's, a 1951 Kaiser Traveler, a 1959 Impala,1956 Gmc Pick up,1956 Chevy, 1955 Chevy,and a 1957 GoldenHawk. I took the book with me that shows what it looked like before and after plus we have a Model just like our Studebaker. Well I told everyone that would listen that there was a 1951 Kaiser , a 1956 Gmc Pickup, and a 1957 GoldenHawk all the rest were Chevys. I also showed them the before and after pictures of the Hawk. Well the Gmc won second place, the 58 Chevy light Blue won 3rd place and the 1957 GoldenHawk won 1st Place, by two votes you were allowed to vote for your own and they encouraged us to. The Chevy guys said that I bought the votes well I just promoted Studebakers like I always do. It was so much fun. I took lots of pictures of this house it sure was a Dream house. I'm pretty sure Stude Blue marked his territory. There were 8 bathrooms in the main house, it had a Theater bar Butlers suite, library. It also has a two bedroom 1 bathe guest house and another Cabana the pool had two waterfalls. Big screen tv's in every room. Wow.They fed us and free beer wine and Mezcal. It was a Great time.
    Here is a link to the pictures.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

What? We have to have Chamber of Commerce's for each Ethnic Group now? [:0] I think I'll start one for Studebaker People!

So basically you did NOT buy the votes at all, as accused, you just cheated? [}] [)] Lol, I love it!

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

The 58 Chevy light Blue won 3rd place and the 1957 GoldenHawk won 1st Place, by two votes you were allowed to vote for your own and they encouraged us to. The Chevy guys said that I bought the votes well I just promoted Studebakers like I always do. It was so much fun. I took lots of pictures of this house it sure was a Dream house. I'm pretty sure Stude Blue marked his territory.
      Awesome Anne you folks are super embassadors of the Stude cars. Since i didn't get to go too Chubbys how about some pics of your next cruz. (i should have put my daughter on the bus).

Congrats, looks to me like you won fair and square, congrats. Pay no attention to sniviling bedwetter losers.

Comment

Great story Anne![8D] As usual, great promotion on your part.

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island Chapter
        http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Anne, be careful you might get use to houses like that when you hang around them and wind prizes.

Great job of pushing the Studebaker cause.

How could those Chevy guys question a vote for your Stude over what little competition they brought to the table?

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

What did the homeowners say when they got back home and saw the mess after the party[}][:0]
            Jeff[8D]
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thank Goodness so many people checked the none of the above...Now just get it bagged and set so you can bounce next year and you will be a runaway winner...

PS Whats bigger the trophy or the house ?

Comment

That house was amazing it is for sale the owner builder was there so was the Realtor. No Furniture in the house but big Flat Screen TV's in every room. I guess people paid big Bucks to come to this Fund Raiser. It was free to us. The Chevy guy that was with our group was crying foul because of my contact and interaction with the voters. Herb who owns the Kaiser told him that I was doing a fine job its why I'm such a good President of the Local Club. That it is my job to Promote Studebakers plus I have alot of fun doing it.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Fresno,Ca
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Good for you Dear! Keep on having fun as you do the "Hawks" work!!

JimsLeadCommander
                  JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Wow - $3.5m goes further in your town

As always, great job promoting Studebaker in the old car hobby.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
                    Packrat junk collector
                    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

Ok so we were at our Monthly Studebakers meeting. I told the group all about the Special Invitation Car Show. Well it turns out the 1955 Chevy owner was more tee'd off than I originally thought. He went to the guy putting the Car show on wanted to know just what place he was in . 7 out of eight places well he thinks really highly of his car and to come out second from the last beaten by a Studebaker was more than he could take. Now I heard this from a very reliable source that got such a kick out of this guys reactions. Heck he had his car entered he was 4th place and he voted for the GoldenHawk. Just thought that I would share . When I see him at a Friday night Car Show its gonna be hard not to chuckle.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                      Fresno,Ca
                      Mabel 1949 Champion
                      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                      Gus 1958 Transtar
                      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk