Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jr. Pepper E-mail addie?

Hi folks!

Just received August Turning Wheels [great!] and wanted to send a message to Jr Pepper regarding the Co-Operator column. I wrote the message then tried to send it to the listed address in column header: jrpepper@wi.rr.com and had it bounce back, 'Undeliverable, invalid address'.

I got to thinking I never saw an e-mail address with a second 'dot', like the one after 'wi', before 'rr', so I omitted that and got another bounce:

"Sorry, your message to <jrpepper@wirr.com> could not be delivered". The Server Your Sending to told us it had and error accpeting your message : The error it generated and is being sent to you is.

This message has been processed by too many hosts. (Possible circular mail transactions?)

This is permanent error, and the message will not be retried any further."

Yeah, I love the command of the English language there, wonder where these people are from?? Anyways, got your basic brick wall here. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys & gals!
    JimmieD

should be jpepper@wirr.com

Tim K.
    '64 R2 GT Hawk
    Tim K.
    \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Thanks, Tim! Unfortunately that didn't work either. That was what I used in the second attempt, and got a message that it was '..too many hosts...' whatever the heck that means!???

I may try a fresh message & re-send using that address again, thanks!

JimmieD

Comment

Woops, my mistake that time! I had somehow read the address as jrpepper and used that both times, this time I used the correct jpepper. Still didn't work, got a bounce message:

"Sorry, your message to <jpepper@wirr.com> could not be delivered".
        The Server Your Sending to told us it had and error accpeting your message :
        The error it generated and is being sent to you is.

This message has been processed by too many hosts. (Possible circular mail transactions?)"

So, can't get there from here...

At any rate the e-mail address in the Turning Wheels Co-Operator column is incorrect.

JimmieD

Comment

Oops try this, look closely jpepper@wi.rr.com

Tim K.
          '64 R2 GT Hawk
          Tim K.
          \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

The addy as shown by GTtim is what I have in my addy book.
            (wi = Wisconsin)
            (rr = Road Runner)

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks! Yes, that's the address I used on the last attempt. I'll give it another shot, see if it's an internet glitch or something...

Comment

Nope, another failed attempt, same error message as last time. It says the error is coming from that end, not mine, something about 'too many hosts' or some silliness. Oh well, we tried!

Comment

I sent a message to Jim about the August Coop. and promptly received a response from Jim. I used the e-mail address as listed in TW.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ditto here. I had an e-mail exchange with Jim, using The Co-Operator e-mail address, within the last week. No problem. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, guys, but there seems to be some problem here. I tried to send to the address given on page 17 in the August issue of Turning Wheels. I originally listed that incorrectly here, but the August issue says:
                      jpepper@wi.rr.com

On 8/06 GTtim gave the 'correct address' as: jpepper@wirr.com
                      having the 'dot' or period after 'wi' removed. DwainG agrees with that address being correct. That's different than the August issue e-mail address. Both cannot be right, only one can be right.

So far in over 10 years of internet e-mail use I've never seen another e-mail address with 2 dots after the @ symbol like 'wi.rr.com'. Instead they are .com or .net or .org without another dot in the middle of the address.

Two dots after the @ symbol is a request for 2 different hosts to forward the message. That can blow a server's simple mind.

So, which address are you using? Is there a typo in the August issue, page 17?

Comment

The @wi.rr.com address would appear to be correct. This is the way the Time-Warner addresses are done. That address resolves to mail.rr.com You can check it here...

You can cal and see if they are having an outage if it still happens,you can have someone out of your area send a message and see if it works,if it works it is local to your network,you can also call and one of your providers techs can prob help you see if it is down..hopefully..its not complicated but I,m not writing it out,you could google ping and trace route that will get you started.

Comment

Alright, thanks! That clears it up and I'll try to send again to Turning Wheels Co-Operator address.

So obviously the other address is incorrect for those who responded as such. Still interesting to me, as it's the first time I've ever seen an address like that...

Thanks!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JimmieD

On 8/06 GTtim gave the 'correct address' as: jpepper@wirr.com
                            having the 'dot' or period after 'wi' removed. DwainG agrees with that address being correct. That's different than the August issue e-mail address. Both cannot be right, only one can be right.
                            But GTtim corrected it three posts down. That's what I was agreeing with.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
                            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks, all, it's probably me....

Comment

Working...
                              X