No announcement yet.

Seen on the streets of Havana...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen on the streets of Havana...today!

Check this out - look for the 1956 President still in use as a taxi!

How many Studebakers still earn their keep today? Russ Farris

Cuba cars, Cuban Classic Cars, Classic cars in Cuba, vintage American cars, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, classic car, Cuba classic cars
    1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
    1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

quote:Cuban chofers like to call Studebakers "Es-tu-desgracia" which can be translated with "it's your bad luck". Here the cars don't have a good image,
    OW![B)] not quite what I'd call a compliment. Beautiful old President though.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I had trouble posting the links, but if anybody is interested do a Google image search for "Studebakers in Cuba" . A couple of 53 hardtops and a few Larks show up, a couple of trucks, along with bullet noses. And a Henry J someone thought was a Stude!

In 1979-80 I flew 38 charter flights to Havana from Miami, and got to leave the airport and spend the night in Havana twice. I wasn't into Studebakers then, but I was always an old car nut and it was amazing...every other car was vintage American iron. I hope to go back someday, once the stupid embargo that has done nothing but keep Fidel in power for 50 years is lifted. Russ Farris

1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
      1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Working...
      X