Base/Clear coat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base/Clear coat question

I'm using PPG's OMNI bc/cc to shoot my 63 sedan project. Do I have to shoot the cc immediately after the base coats, or can I wait, say, 24 hours? I'd like to get another gun for the cc and don't want to make the long trip to get it now. Thanks.

check with the supplier. I know there is a window of time to do this don't know about 24hrs???

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Tom

PPG says the maximum time to clear coat is 24 hours. I'd guess if you were close to it it would probably be OK.

DISCLAIMER - While I've used Omni on occassion, I've never waited more than an hour or so.

ADVICE - If you have not sprayed Omni before, be careful of how heavy you lay the coats down. The first time I sprayed it I put it down like older acrylics and lost a couple of areas to runs. Luckily it had hardner so I sanded them out after 3 days and put a little less on per pass. Layed down well with no zips, runs or errors.

It looks quite good with little orange peel if you spray it correctly.

Bob

Comment

Many thanks! I'll sand my primer goofs today...get the HVLP gun tomorrow and try to stay out of trouble.

Comment

Many thanks! I'll sand my primer goofs today...get the HVLP gun tomorrow and try to stay out of trouble.

Comment

Even an ol' sedan looks better in primer.

Comment

Working...
            X