What does this fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this fit

I got this piece when I purchased some interior items for my 64 Cruiser. I don't think it fits the Cruiser. The side panels seem too thin and the back panel with the pouch seems too short. What do you think I fits?

Looks like a lean-back cover. Material looks "Cruiser like."

The pouch should probably be blue and does the bottom of the back look cut off? Is is as long as the fronts?

I have a lean-back NOS cover for a '62 Lark is you want something to reference - Studebaker made changes, but seat size was probably not that different in those two years...
    <div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
    [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

There's an upholstered, cardboard/hardboard back panel that completes the back side, but a black pocket on blue upholstery - THAT'S weird! The material does look like 63 Cruiser tho.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

There's an upholstered, cardboard/hardboard back panel that completes the back side, but a black pocket on blue upholstery - THAT'S weird! The material does look like 63 Cruiser tho.

That odd combination is probably why it is still around as NOS. It probably was a rejected piece from the assembly line.
        As many of you know, many parts now around were/are reject/defective parts.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This one is incomplete, AND a reject! It would have to be a Cruiser front seat back cover for a split bench seat, only Cruisers have that type of map pocket, and in a Cruiser that seat is not the norm.

I have Mike's '65 Cruiser here with the same split bench reclining seat, and it has those pockets that are nothing like a Daytona or Hawk, just because it is a top of line "Cruiser"! [^]

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X