Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Daytona restoration

Hi,
    New to the forum but Iv'e been a SDC member for awhile. I'm working on a 63 Daytona 2dr hardtop, restoring it for the SDC International meets. Does anyone have a left rear interior trim panel in blue, both aluminum door strips 1353256 ---257, both door belt moldings 1352800---801, both rear quarter belt moldings 1342682W---683W, and a left lower trunk molding 1353511. All must be NOS and show quality. Sasco is all out! Can someone please help?
    Thanks Jon

You might check or post a wanted in the Turning Wheels classifieds,online click on home and you can go right to them.. Also google "studebaker swap page" a non-affliated site where you do the same.

Comment

Finding NOS belt mouldings is a pretty tough task. I saw a whole box of used ones at Myer's Studebaker in April. Usually the best you can hope for are good cores for a plater. He has many interior panels as well. 740-674-4897. Otherwise, you can check Ebay everyday and hope.. if TW doesn't pan out.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

Good luck Jon...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I recently sold a 63 hardtop to another forum member. I had a pair of NOS rear beltline mouldings that I'd bought from SASCO about 10 years ago (as you say, they're out of them now).
          I'd looked high and low for the ones on the doors just before I sold the car last year. I couldn't even run down one decent used one for the driver's door! I know Dick found one, but I'm sure it wasn't NOS. Nice - possibly replated - you might find, but NOS - I doubt it.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Even if you found NOS beltline mouldings, I doubt if you'd find them acceptable. Stock chrome was not nearly as good as what is done on show cars today. In addition, most have shelf wear scratching and even some bubbling.

It is difficult (but not impossible) to find some replatable ones...some that do not have major pitting. A chrome shop skilled in replating pot metal can bring them back to better than NOS condition. Neither the parts nor the plating will be inexpensive.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hey Guys,
              Thank you for your imput and comments, I was hoping someone on the forum would have the parts I needed. already went through the above sugestions with the exception of replating. This is not out yet.
              Maybe someone will have one or all of the pieces needed for sale.
              Thanks again
              Jon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Colo.Jon

Hey Guys,
                Thank you for your imput and comments, I was hoping someone on the forum would have the parts I needed. already went through the above sugestions with the exception of replating. This is not out yet.
                Maybe someone will have one or all of the pieces needed for sale.
                Thanks again
                Jon
                I had the rear belt line replated on my similar 58 hardtop in show chrome for $500. That was with unpitted cores.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

I sell whole cars for less than that JP I guess Iam just a CASO, wanted to use that now and then, again good luck John doing it the right way is always the most costly but the out come is always nicer...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Thanks Bob!
                    Someone out there has all the parts I'm looking for. Its getting out to them, is where the problem starts. Maybe someone here on the forum can help me locate them, and email me with their info. That would be greatly appreciated.
                    Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X