can you appraise my stude online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you appraise my stude online?

Paid 2500. Replace windshield , texas car solid but slight hole in left front lower fender. I paid to get it running. Now has brakes rebuilt. Interior is torn ,and shot has aftermaket ignition switch. All keys are replaced . Changed to left hand treads on wheels. Power steering , power windows . Needs 1 wing window, needs drivers window,Needs a paint job , this is a 1955 president state coupe, radiator is just rebuilt, generator rebuilt, voltage reg replace. New battery, radio delete.New plugs , cap , points, oil changed. Transmission might need rebuilding[V]

You're kidding, right?

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Ok sorry I asked.[8]

Comment

I think if you post or link to some good pictures of the overall car and some detail shots, that some here can give you an idea.

If you want to sell it, run a low reserve, nicely done listing on eBay and the market will tell you what it is worth.

Also, if you are an SDC member, Bill Oliver in the LA area is the SDC official Auto Insurance Evaluator and can help determine the value of your car for insurance purposes.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Do you want to sell it or are you curious about the value?

Pictures are worth 1,000 words (or more) in these endeavors.

Other Random thoughts: Is the car in Milwaukee? Other rust - trunk? floors? I assume it is running? Automatic? The windows it needs are cracked? missing? etc etc

Pat Casey
          55 Commander
          58 Transtar
          62 GT Hawk
          66 Cruiser
          SDC Member since 1988

Comment

Sorry to duplicate Dick's ideas - I took long to spit my thoughts out!

Pat Casey
            55 Commander
            58 Transtar
            62 GT Hawk
            66 Cruiser
            SDC Member since 1988

Comment

I don't see how you can properly appraise a car without actually seeing it. It takes me 3 to 4 hours to do a proper on site appraisal.
              64 Champ long bed V8
              55/53 Studebaker President S/R
              53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

A guesstimate from the information given: $3000 to $3500.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Driver's window missing! Solid floor pans , Needs a paint job. small hole in lower left front fender. It is in milwaukee. Not tryin to sell it. It does run, needs tailight covers, needs all dash knobs , Interior needs a complete make over. Solid trunk floor. master cylinder, replaced. You know I'm incline to say it does need to be seen in person to be appraise. I just had it at a shop two weeks ago , and he said he would appraise it. But you know after following the forum this long, I thought I could get a sincere appraisal of some kind. Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

As mentioned, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Even cars decribed as 'MINT' usually are not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                    X