Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What went through the hole on the 50 Champion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What went through the hole on the 50 Champion?

On the bottom front corner of the battery box/case there is a piece of metal that sticks out toward the motor. This small piece of metal has a round hole in it that is about 7/8 of an inch across. What was the purpose of this hole?

Jimmie
    Orleans, Indiana
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

On mine there is a small rubber bushing in that hole and the wires going to the generator from the wiring harness go through it , now whether that is the correct application I am not sure , but it seems to work
    blake

Comment

Jimmie
      Bison is correct. Here's what my set-up looks like.

The rubber grommet was in place on mine, but I think it would be readiy available in the rubber grommet department of your FLAPS. By the way, take note of my Kustom battery hold-down system.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
      Holdrege NE
      John
      1950 Champion
      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
      Holdrege NE

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lothar

Jimmie

The rubber grommet was in place on mine, but I think it would be readiy available in the rubber grommet department of your FLAPS. By the way, take note of my Kustom battery hold-down system.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
        Holdrege NE
        That's not a battery hold-down system.. that's a battery hold-over system.
        Rob
        Rob in ND
        \'53 Commander resto-mod (work in process)

Comment

Lothar-

I too have lots of bungee (sp) cords in my life. They came in very handy when I was adding a large porch to my house. Since I didn't have anyone to hold up the other end of boards I was nailing I would just bungee one end close to where it needed to be and then go to the other end and put in a nail.

I think that I will set up the wire from my 6 volt alternator to go through the hole.

Thanks so much for the picture. When I get time I hope to learn how to use Photobucket and be able to post pictures too.

Jimmie
          Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by Lothar

Jimmie

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
          Holdrege NE
          sigpicJimmie
          Orange County, Indiana
          1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Working...
          X