ALASKA STUDEBAKERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALASKA STUDEBAKERS

ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE GREAT STATE OF ALASKA DRIVING/RESTORING STUDEBAKERS?

yep a buddy in Fair Banks a 37
    pm me and I'll give you his number

John
    Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"
    Cruisin’ News is dedicated to serving Northern and Central California by promoting events and assisting in the sale of parts and vehicles.

John
    Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

The SDC Roster shows 28 members in Alaska. Even shows one in Wasilla named James Banner.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

An alias for the former Gov. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Locally, we have a very informal Avanti group of about 6 guys who get together once or twice a year at a Dennys...(that number covers about half the Avantis in town).

One guy has a white (pretty basic, IIRC) 63, he said it was originally destined for Alaska....where it would have been very rare. In any event, it got sidetracked to Seattle.

Wonder if many Avantis were sold up there back in the day?

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 907-1958 CHAMPION

ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE GREAT STATE OF ALASKA DRIVING/RESTORING STUDEBAKERS?
            I thought they had a chapter. I was given this iron-on patch at the International Meet in Portland in '93.

Craig

Comment

"Wonder if many Avantis were sold up there back in the day?"

I know of one Avanti sold new to a person in Wasilla. One of the nine factory R3's. Black, black interior, 4.55 and 4 spd. The guy sold his R2 Lark to buy it. There was no dealer network up there at the time so the cars were delivered to Seattle then shipped or driven up.

Comment

I have some old pictures and postcard of Alaska.

Fairbanks Alaska Lark police car.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

The SDC Roster shows 28 members in Alaska. Even shows one in Wasilla named James Banner.
                  This is the son of Ted Banner of the Eastern North Carolina chapter. I do not believe he presently owns a Studebaker.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

Right Joe,roster does not list a Studebaker for him.

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

This is the son of Ted Banner of the Eastern North Carolina chapter. I do not believe he presently owns a Studebaker.

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I did a bunch of mechanical work on a '52 Commander Starliner belonging to John O'Larey in Homer, AK a few years back. We also had it painted and upholstered here in Yakima, then I took it over to Tacoma, where it was put on a barge. After my last computer crashed I lost his e-mail, and pix of the car...[V]

Comment

Mr. O'Larey contacted me a while back about the 52 hardtop registry I keep. Here's the picture I have of it sitting pretty in the Alaska wilderness.

Comment

Thanks, Dan!
                          Gordon Bueling here in Yakima did the interior- a cool black and cream vinyl, other than that the car is mostly stock.(I think I have located the photos I took during it's stay in my shop, I'll post them when I actually get my hands on them!)
                          We didn't put the rocker moldings on, because the new rockers did not have the holes punched in them, and we only ended up with 2 or 3 clips that weren't rusted.
                          I think these Starliners are awesome machines, way cool looking![8D]

Comment

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT GUYS, HOPE TO HAVE MY CHAMP ON THE ROAD SOMEDAY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.

Comment

Working...
                            X