Honorary CASO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honorary CASO

This past Saturday at our local cruise night.

Hmmm - wonder if was put there purposely, or just ended up there fortuitously when he ran over it?

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

He has it all bracketed and screwed and also has the design for the pin striping on it.

Your tax dollars at work

Comment

I think he stole it from the vehicle parked next to him. Either way, he's got QUITE the flair for cusstomizing![V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

His truck, his money, his idea of what is cool. JMHO, but beyond the use of the road sign as a front spoiler, any time "props" (think stuffed Raggedy Ann/weeping overalls doll, or even [u]http://www.ehow.com/video_2383113_props-1950s-car-hop-character.html</u>) are used around a show/cruise vehicle, it may indicate something about the owner and his concept of car qua machine versus car qua ego extension/lifestyle.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8
            ....it may indicate something about the owner and his concept of car qua machine versus car qua ego extension/lifestyle.
            If I'm going to continue to hang out here, I better brush up on my Latin...

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Well, let me tell you.... Many years ago, when my son was a teenager, one of those signs found it's way to my garage...
              I never quite knew what to do with it, so it was stuck it in my sheet stock pile.

Sometime later, while looking for some material to make a switch panel out of, I spied the sign in the corner. Once you remove (with heat) the reflective masking and signage, what you wind up with is a 1/8" sheet of very maleable aluminum.
              The stuff is great for exactly what the guy with the rice-rocket did... 'cept to avoid getting a visit from the local gendarmes, he should have scraped off the orange stuff..

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
              55 President State Sedan
              70 Avanti (R3)
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
              X