This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new title

i purchased two stude's one with title the other without i know i can get a title through a title company that my grandpa has used before but it took a while. just wanting to know if anyone has a better way about getting a title? thanks
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Each state is different. Check with your department of motor vehicles. Here in Washington State, you just have to apply for a title. Then there is a 3 year wait. During that time you have a "provisionary" title. That allows you to sell the car AND the "clock" is already running on the 3 years for the new owner.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Each state is different. Check with your department of motor vehicles. Here in Washington State, you just have to apply for a title. Then there is a 3 year wait. During that time you have a "provisionary" title. That allows you to sell the car AND the "clock" is already running on the 3 years for the new owner.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

This suject has been discussed many,many times. Do a search on this site for titles and lost vin's. Bottom line is each state has it's own laws. Some are doable and some are extremely differcult to get done.Lately I have been told it takes at least 12 weeks to get a title thru one of these title companies and they have states they can not do anymore. Good Luck

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

This suject has been discussed many,many times. Do a search on this site for titles and lost vin's. Bottom line is each state has it's own laws. Some are doable and some are extremely differcult to get done.Lately I have been told it takes at least 12 weeks to get a title thru one of these title companies and they have states they can not do anymore. Good Luck

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
            Here in Washington State, you just have to apply for a title. Then there is a 3 year wait.
            That's good news. I have a bone stock 1971 Jeep CJ-5 (last of the Kaisers/first of the AMC versions before AMC put their engines in them) that is being restored by a friend in Texas.
            Hopefully, it wil be done one of these days.

Thanks for the info....

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
              Here in Washington State, you just have to apply for a title. Then there is a 3 year wait.
              That's good news. I have a bone stock 1971 Jeep CJ-5 (last of the Kaisers/first of the AMC versions before AMC put their engines in them) that is being restored by a friend in Texas.
              Hopefully, it wil be done one of these days.

Thanks for the info....

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
              X