Late to the IDYSD dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late to the IDYSD dance

Like always... I am late to the dance. But thought I would still post our IDYSD pics, as we just returned from our vacation. My wife and I thought we would be unable to participate on IDYSD. Mergatroid had a rear wheel bearing go out shortly before the 4th. A rush to teardown and rebuild ensued, and we finished in time to participate. <div align="left"></div id="left">I have had Mergatroid in our hometown July 4th parade for about the last 7 years, and have always had a great response, and much interest from people for the Studebaker marquee. A few years ago, we had a gentleman out of the crowd, run up to the truck during the parade, and hand us a Studebaker promotional record through the window, saying you might like to have this with your Studebaker, he then disappeared back into the crowd, never to be seen again. I am guessing that he had seen the truck in town, and was waiting for us in the parade. Just one more reason I enjoy the Studebaker community so much, and if by chance that person should happen to read this, "Thanks A Million" for your generosity! <div align="left"></div id="left">Being a 20 year letter carrier for the USPS, we participated in our hometown parade this year as a float. Flying Old Glory up front, and USPS banners on the sides of the service boxes. My USPS co-workers and families rode in back and threw candy out for the children along the parade route. Here's a few pics over the course of the day of driving our Studebaker. <div align="left"></div id="left"><div align="left"></div id="left"><div align="left"></div id="left">

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 Deluxe '59 4E3-112 Deluxe Scotsman '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
    I own time machines.....

That truck...tooling along a Montana country road...what a post card!!! Get one of those shots and post it...please!

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
    X