1957 Scotsman question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Scotsman question

A thin 'c-clip' on the inside of the handle needs to be removed with a spcial tool-available from autobody supply store,or Mac Tools,or Snapon. [or borrow 1 from a local body shop-so you know what you're looking for]

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

1957 Scotsman question

Newbie here...Having just been given a 57 Scotsman, I need a bit of information.
    How to remove the door and window handles? Is there a tool?
    Any help will be appreciated.

Bob

Comment

Thanks

That`s what I thought...similar to GM....but it has no clip.

Comment

Sounds like the clip is gone, it probally is frozen on. Start tapping on it with a rubber hammer it until it releases. Good luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

When you use that cute little tool to remove the handles, be careful because the little clip will go into orbit and you'll never see it again.

Comment

Isn't that why they are called Jesus clips? It's the first thing you say when it flies off to somewhere you can't find it.

Comment

Just do what I've learned to do and cup your hand around the handle push the clip out then work the handle off; or wrap a rag or tape on it if you need both hands? and rob a few from some clunkers

Comment

Thanks to all who replied.

52hawk was correct. It was my 72 year old eyes that couldn`t see the clips.

Bob

Comment

Hope I'm still puttering on Studes at age 72!
                  Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Working...
                  X