Studebaker dealer sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker dealer sign

Brother has been contacted by someone near here who has an original porcelain dealer's sign from her dad's dealership. It is approximately 42" oval. We have not seen it,but it is said to have a couple of small dings. What we need to have is a ball park figure as to how much the sign is worth. I know that it is basically worth whatever it will bring, but we would like to not get in too deep.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

It is probably 42" round, not "oval". What is says, style/age, one/two sided, condition and colors are all factors in value.
    Without more information, it is $200 to $2000.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks. That is a pretty broad span, but I didn't expect specifics. He hopes to get to see it Sunday and we will know more.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

The red/white and blue ones with the lazy S sell on ebay for between $3000 to $4500 depending on condition.

The Maroon and yellow with almost no damage had one go on e-bay for $6000. Once that sold for that price, about 5 maooron and yellow ones went up on e-bay and did not sell.

Dealers on the net get about $3500, however two years ago at York there was a pristine r/w/b for sale at $1500 and no takers

The very early ones, mostly blue with autorized service down low with a stand go for around $600 (York, and did sell) to about $2000

These signs are wanted and you need to be careful as to who approaches you and what hey offer. The ones that play innocent and offer low ball offers are the guys who will run like hell and get them on E-bay before their engine is warm. Also watch out for those who tell you that they cany buy all they want for $1500 or less. These guys a shrewed and are out to take advantage.

There really is no price guide. I have a 13 foot neon sign, one side of a double sided unit. Recenetly one in horrible condition sold for
        $2800 on E-bay. The top half was rusted away.

Place a price that you think is fair as a starter and say best offer over. If this is for insurance, say $4500 to be safe.

BG

Comment

Working...
        X