three-groove pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• three-groove pulley

Getting ready to put he engine back in on a 62 hawk. Do not have air yet but want to go ahead and install a three-groove pulley. I check Studebaker International Inc. and they did not have one. Any idea where I can get one?

quote:Originally posted by dallastx75208

Getting ready to put he engine back in on a 62 hawk. Do not have air yet but want to go ahead and install a three-groove pulley. I check Studebaker International Inc. and they did not have one. Any idea where I can get one?
    All you need is an 1553596 Air Cond. Crank shaft pulley, and without Power steering, the hard to find 534294 spacer that goes between them.
    And possibly a longer Crank Bolt.

No three grove pulley.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing. I do have power steering so does that change what I am looking for?

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

All you need is an 1553596 Air Cond. Crank shaft pulley, and without Power steering, the hard to find 534294 spacer that goes between them.
      And possibly a longer Crank Bolt.

No three grove pulley.

StudeRich

Comment

Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing. I do have power steering so does that change what I am looking for?
        No, it is the same, just uses the spacer you have for P/S pulley and no more, with the A/C pulley. This is all shown under Accessories, Air Cond. Section of the Studebaker '59-'64 Body Parts Catalog.

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There are some 3-groove pulleys out there, but they were part of an aftermarket AC setup.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If you have power steering now and want to add A/C just get a 2nd set of the spacer and the pulley that match along with a longet bolt, the bolt you have might be ok some times they came with a longet one just because they were thnking ahead, also might need to make the 6 - 5/6" bolts longer ..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

I think Ray Fitchthorn's is by far the easiest and slickest- and you won't need a 3-groove pulley! See it here, under his tech pages:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Give Bob Helms a call ...he can fix you up with a 3 groove one.

[IMG]
                Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                1964 Daytona HT
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                X