Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does SI offer the Chrome strip? channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SI offer the Chrome strip? channel?

Does SI offer the chrome strip that goes next to the vent wing window? I'm talking about that large chrome piece that's riding on the back of the wing window? This is for a 1955 president 2 door, with the wide post between door ,and rear window.

President 2-dr what? Sounds like you're talking about a Coupe. And after scratching my head a bit, I decided you might be talking about the stainless strip that's fixed the the front edge of the door glass. If that's the piece you're talking about, no, they don't show it in stock. Fact is, I'd be willing to bet they have VERY little in the way of trim for any model '55 Stude. SASCO's computer comes up empty as well.

You'll have to look for used - and be aware that there's a left and a right. Handy thing is, a number of different year C-bodies used that same piece.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you Biggs

Comment

They do have the L-shaped cat whisker to go with that piece. The stainless seldom went bad and is easy to polish. Unless you're missing it altogether, just replace the whisker.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

They do have the whole vent window assembly for the sedans. But the old L-shaped seal is dried up and cracked after all these years and the cat whisker channel (window run channel) needs to be replaced as age has gotten them as well. I just sent a set back to them and will rebuild what I have on hand. The stainless should polish up with some work.
          64 Champ long bed V8
          55/53 Studebaker President S/R
          53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 14x7

Does SI offer the chrome strip that goes next to the vent wing window? I'm talking about that large chrome piece that's riding on the back of the wing window? This is for a 1955 president 2 door, with the wide post between door ,and rear window.
            14x7,

SI's phone number is 317-462-3124. I'm sure they would be the best ones to advise you if they have this item in stock. Plus, as Ed notes in the catalog, they have a good bit of NOS stuff that is not listed in the catalog due to only having small quantities.

Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
            X