Touched by 2 "Bobs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touched by 2 "Bobs"

A few weeks ago there was a post here on the forum from Bob Peterson directed to me. We've communicated back and forth for sometime now. He was good enough to deliver floor panels for me near Toledo, Ohio on his way to Lancaster. I really don't have to build him up cause I know most everyone knows he has a big heart. When we met Bob and Ian near Toledo, my kids were facinated with Ian and his down under manner of speaking. So Bob and Ian left thier mark on my kids and me. My kids usually leave a bit of an impression on folk also. Bob has become somewhat familiar with our circumstances, and offered to help our 66 Daytona 2 door project along. His statement was "let me know what ya need for your car(actually I'm fixing it for my 14 year old daughter)and if I have it, it's yours. I'll bring to CeRap and if ya can't make it we'll find a way to get it to ya". This is where the second Bob comes in, Andrews that is. These two get together and by 10:00 AM this morning I have a real good pair of bumpers and a near perfect pair of 2 door quarter panels, AMAZING!!!
    So I'm praising the Lord for Bob Peterson's gracious giving and Bob Andrews for his gracious giving of transporting these pieces.
    God blesses those who give and I'm sure that's why these guys give, because they've been blessed and now I've been blessed. Most of all I've been blessed by Bob Peterson and Bob Andrews friendship and compassion for thier fellow man and fellow Studebaker lover.
    When I pulled into the truck stop where Bob A. was waiting, I got out and met a guy with a beaming smile and eyes of kindness. In a world that is so deeply troubled, it's a major dose of encouragemment to know there are still folk that have love, passion and compassion in thier hearts for others. We need more "Bobs" in our lives and more of us need to be "Bobs" in others lives. Who knows It may become contagious and our world problems begin to melt.
    Thank You, Bob Peterson
    Thank You, Bob Andrews

Kim Kramer

Thanks for sharing the story Kim. We sure hear enough of the other type of stories. Just as a side note and a comical moment. I first saw your post out of the corner of my eye and misread the title as touched by 2 "Boobs"...for a moment I thought someone was posting another Hooters story! I guess that's what happens as your eyes get older!

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

BOB PETERSON. I HAVE KNOWN BOB FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS.
      ONE BIG PROBLEM WITH BOB, THAT IS, HE
      HIS TO DAM NICE.

LOVE THAT BOB.

PS THE STUDEBAKER WORLD IS A BETER PLACE
      BECAUSE OF HIM.

Comment

I agree with you about Bob Peterson. He's done more in the past few years for the Stude community than some do their entire lives! Glad you got what you needed, and it was no skin off my nose; and I got to meet you![^]

You've got the best of both worlds with your car: It's a real Studebaker with Studebaker power, yet you have the durability of that great Chevy 6 instead of wondering if the head's going to crack on the earlier (Stude) 6. Good luck, and do keep us posted on your progress!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I have met both,and done business with both,and agree with you Kim!

Comment

I was touched by both of these Bobs at CeRap, too and personally I'm filing charges. [)]
            I don't know about big hearts, but they are big at several things and you are correct to give kudos to both of them. You have my support on that vote. They both need to take their show on the road and this week they did! Great to see them both and many others this week. [^][^] It's 6am, so I'm on my way home. Later!!

Comment

I understand about the ohv six Stude engine. Back in the mid eighties I'd traded up a 63 Lark six. The positive thing of a head gasket blowing is bringing Stephen Cade(Stephen Allen's Parts fame) into my life. I was on a road trip down to Florida and blew a head gasket. Steve got me on the road and when I got back to Mississippi I decided to rebuild the engine. Went through 4 heads before I decided to send the original head off to to get cracks between valve seats welded up. I didn't keep the Lark much longer. When the opportunity to look at a Lark or T-Cab and upon discovering it has the ohv six in it, I run. One was enough. On the other hand, Steve Cade and I have been very good friends since.
              It was great meeting you Bob.
              Kim
              quote:Originally posted by bams50

I agree with you about Bob Peterson. He's done more in the past few years for the Stude community than some do their entire lives! Glad you got what you needed, and it was no skin off my nose; and I got to meet you![^]

You've got the best of both worlds with your car: It's a real Studebaker with Studebaker power, yet you have the durability of that great Chevy 6 instead of wondering if the head's going to crack on the earlier (Stude) 6. Good luck, and do keep us posted on your progress!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I would recommend that.
                quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I was touched by both of these Bobs at CeRap, too and personally I'm filing charges. [)]
                I don't know about big hearts, but they are big at several things and you are correct to give kudos to both of them. You have my support on that vote. They both need to take their show on the road and this week they did! Great to see them both and many others this week. [^][^] It's 6am, so I'm on my way home. Later!!

clayton-rip chicken hawk!

Comment

Working...
                X