is anyone going to the bonneville salt flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is anyone going to the bonneville salt flats

i will be meeting the avanti kid out there like to meet up with you too jack nelly boston

Wish I could, I've been wanting to return since my visit in '98.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I went in 1993 had a GREAT TIME want to do it again ,but don't know when, don't think about it just do it!! you won't be disaponited.

Joseph Kastellec
      Joseph Kastellec

Comment

We'll be there again this year--should arrive at the bend in the road towing our '62 Airstream some time Friday afternoon . . .

Speed Week is a TOTAL gas and a really REALLY cheap (only if you're not running a car or bike!!) way to have a very memorable vacation.

Comment

Was there on Sunday on our way back from Cedar Rapids with the white Avanti R-2 owner by Ian Mackellar from Australia got some pictures and a few runs on the track had a blast at about 110 miles per hour and still had more in the pot, grandson Clayton was not with us and missed his 2nd drive in an Avanti on the salt, but there will be others as we do them kind of things when ever we get the chance, we should have some pictures soon..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Look for our Salt2Salt blue suede Stude #4594. We usually pit about 2/3 down right next to the return road.
            Greg

Greg

Turbocharging a flathead six Yes, you can double the horsepower of a little 169 cubic inch Studebaker motor by adding a junkyard turbo! Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.

http://turbostude.com/Tribaker (LP three-wheeler project)

Comment

Another year and I will not be going. Been once and never thought that it would be this long and still not having attended again. Those of you that are going have a good time and let us know what's going on on the salt.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Leaving Michigan aug 5th fot my 3rd trip there and incentive to finish my 54 Champion LSR car

54 15G coupe future Bonneville car 200 mph
                63 Lark Custom 2D R1 4speed 1of1 bench seat
                CUSTOM R1
                51 2r11 truck 289 4 2bbl carbs 5 speed
                59 Chassis Research dragster 347 Pontiac powered

Comment

There will be a 1941 Champion coupe there from our town (Omaha)competing. It is rust colored,no fenders and has SOB all over the side of it which stands for "South Omaha Boys", it is Chevy powered. We had a sendoff party for them last week to raise money. The team has no SDC connections. They went 175 mph last year before the engine blew, no dry sump system caused the engine to run out of oil.This has now been remedied.

Frank van Doorn
                  1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                  1963 Daytona Conv
                  1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                  X