How Do You Lubricate a Hydrovac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Lubricate a Hydrovac?

Hey guys, I know that annually it is important to lubricate a hydrovac brake booster with some mink oil or similar, however, where is the place where you pour it in? How is it done?????????????????

-George-
    -63 GT Hawk
    -63 Champ
    -56J
    -51 Commander Land Cruiser

There should be a small flat rubber plug in the back of the vacuum cylinder. If your unit is painted black it may be hard to see but it is there. Take it out, get a small syringe and put 1oz. of Neats foot oil in it and squirt it in the hole and then put the plug back in. You are good to go.

In case you want to know how Neats foot oil is made:

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Mine was a pipe plug in the back side. Neatsfoot oil is available from Ace or Tru-Value or any tack shop. 1 ounce in the booster. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

There's a plug fitting (metal) on the back (the side opposite the small round atmosphere filter) towards the bottom. I guess that's it??????

-George-

Comment

See attached:

Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment