This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode Hard and put away Wet.....

What a shame that someone didn't take care of this supercharged GT..

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

True, Steve; it needs everything. However, if it is a documented, full-package, Super Red R2/4-speed with the original block, "as advertised," it is one of few Studebakers you could legitimately open your check book to restore and probabaly recoup your investment down the road...perhaps a couple times over.

Remember, I still have 1980 photos and correspondence with the owner of one of the seven original 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'cuda convertibles. [] I was considering buying it, and it was offered to me for $7,000 [:0]! It was in nice condition, too; "no restoration required."

At the time, it seemed like a lot of money. Well, maybe it was. [:0] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

True, Steve; it needs everything. However, if it is a documented, full-package, Super Red R2/4-speed with the original block, "as advertised," it is one of few Studebakers you could legitimately open your check book to restore and probabaly recoup your investment down the road...perhaps a couple times over.

Remember, I still have 1980 photos and correspondence with the owner of one of the seven original 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'cuda convertibles. [] I was considering buying it, and it was offered to me for $7,000 [:0]! It was in nice condition, too; "no restoration required."

At the time, it seemed like a lot of money. Well, maybe it was. [:0] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is that the 'correct' shifter?
        I don't know, and am just curious.....

Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
        Brooklet, Georgia
        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
        '61 Hawk (project)
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Is that the 'correct' shifter?
          I don't know, and am just curious.....

Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
          Brooklet, Georgia
          '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
          '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
          '61 Hawk (project)
          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It is the correct shifter and the car is exactly as presented. Not only a very rare, full package SuperHawk, but a Super red car to boot.I'll be bidding, I think I have time for one more R2 restoration.

JDP
            Arnold Md.
            Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
            64 Commander 2 dr.
            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert
            63 Lark 2 door
            63 Lark 2 door #2
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Hawk
            59 3E truck
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It is the correct shifter and the car is exactly as presented. Not only a very rare, full package SuperHawk, but a Super red car to boot.I'll be bidding, I think I have time for one more R2 restoration.

JDP
              Arnold Md.
              Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
              64 Commander 2 dr.
              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert
              63 Lark 2 door
              63 Lark 2 door #2
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Hawk
              59 3E truck
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Oh, i'm sure it's a worthy car. My point was just that it's a shame the car was ever allowed to get so far down[)]

steve blake

Comment

Oh, i'm sure it's a worthy car. My point was just that it's a shame the car was ever allowed to get so far down[)]

steve blake

Comment

I've never heard of super red before, only resale red.

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Comment

I've never heard of super red before, only resale red.

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Comment

At the time, it seemed like a lot of money. Well, maybe it was.
                        Bob,

In 1979 I was working at the University of Virginia and came to know a temporary worker on the staff. He had a completely restored 1969 Hertz Shelby Mustang that he offered to me for $6500. Would be quite a return on my investment now (unless I had driven it to the point of looking like this Hawk ).

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

At the time, it seemed like a lot of money. Well, maybe it was.
                          Bob,

In 1979 I was working at the University of Virginia and came to know a temporary worker on the staff. He had a completely restored 1969 Hertz Shelby Mustang that he offered to me for $6500. Would be quite a return on my investment now (unless I had driven it to the point of looking like this Hawk ).

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Man - just how many more obscure Studes have yet to crawl out of the woodwork??? I think we HAVE TO credit ebay for saving and revealing some of this stuff. Stuff like this Hawk, 58 Packards and the like.[:0]

The survival rate of some of these limited production Stude products has to rival or even surpass some of the more vaunted BrandX notables.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Man - just how many more obscure Studes have yet to crawl out of the woodwork??? I think we HAVE TO credit ebay for saving and revealing some of this stuff. Stuff like this Hawk, 58 Packards and the like.[:0]

The survival rate of some of these limited production Stude products has to rival or even surpass some of the more vaunted BrandX notables.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X