quick removal of spray on sound dampening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick removal of spray on sound dampening

Not sure how much heck I will get for this but I found a quick way to remove that rubberized sound deadener sprayed onto the floor.

A 2000psi pressure washer does wonders to this stuff. It even took the stuff off that I attempted to wire wheel off first. I was very cautious to contain the water run off though as well. I layed a large plastic sheet on the concrete drive way then rolled the car over it.

Also I followed up the pressure washing with a wire wheel then sealed the floor. It is amazing how much a pressure washer will take off.

I never thought that a pressure washer would do more that a wire wheel. That is good to know. Thanks for the tip.
    Ronnie

1957 Silver Hawk & 1961 Hawk
    Belmont, NC
    [IMG]
    1957 Silver Hawk & 1935 Dictator Street Rod
    Belmont, NC

Comment

By the way, what model and year of car are you working on?
      Ronnie

1957 Silver Hawk & 1961 Hawk
      Belmont, NC
      [IMG]
      1957 Silver Hawk & 1935 Dictator Street Rod
      Belmont, NC

Comment

It's a 49 studebaker champion. I equate the pressure washer to soda blasting. It removes the dampening and the thin layer of rust stays. But it's a quick run over with the wire wheel to remove that. FYI, I used the pencil tip nozzel. I have a nozzle that I like to use that oscilates, but because I use it constantly on doing the fence and moss removal it finally gave out. I'm going to buy another one of those wands and try it on the trunk to see how it does. I know it'll eat through concrete.

I was very suprised. I spent near an hour on one side of the floor pan with the wire wheel. the result was a garage full of dust and every thing was covered in a layer of dirt. I then spent another half hour with my shop vac cleaning up

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
          X