car stuck in Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car stuck in Los Angeles

I AM NEW TO THE CLUB. i LIVE IN hAWAII AND JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED A 1950 lAND cRUISER IN MINT CONDITION. hAD IT SHIPPED FROM FLORIDA AND IT IS NOW AT D.A.S. TERMINAL IN gARDENA CA THEY SAY IT WONT START TO GET IT OVER TO LONGBEACH HORIZON LINES TO SHIP TO HAWAII. ANYONE NEAR gARDENA WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME?

Expert, I have emailed a good friend right there in Carson near Gardena to see if he is not working tomorrow or later today and could help.

I think it may be a problem though for a stranger to approach the Terminal trying to reach the car to help without some kind of authority.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My question is are you sure that they know how to start a Studebaker? Lots of folks, especially young people think that all you have to do is turn the key. If it is an automatic trans '50, do they know where the pull switch for the starter is? If it is a manual transmission, do they know the switch is beneath the clutch?

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It's probably something simple as mentioned in the previous post. Let us know what the problem was. When you get it please post some pics here on the site so we can check it out. Good luck....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

So as not to worry Studerich, I just emailed the gentleman in Hawaii about his car in Gardena, CA. I see it's been about 24 hours since he posted his question but, I just turned this 'puter on after work today so, we'll see.

JimsLeadCommander
          JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
          X