Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is in your glove box?

It's time for a pointless, but fun, thread

Ever since I have been a young kid, I always had a fascination with what people stored in their glove box. I remember, whenever I rode in the front seat of someones car, the first thing I would do is open the glove box and start to rifle through it, until my grandparents told me that was rude. However, it has been a fascination ever since. Even to this day, if I am riding with someone, I will ask the question: "do you mind if I look through your glove box?" They always look at me like I am crazy, but let me look either way.

You can usually tell alot about a guy from what he carries around in his glove box. (or "vanity" depending on what kind of Studebaker you own!)

So, just for kicks and giggles: "what is in your glove box? (or vanity)?"

I will kick things off.

In my Lark: A new set of bushings (that I desperately need to install)

A road map of Iowa from 1962

A road map of Georga from 1964

Three CD's: Chuck Berrys golden hits, Hits of the 60's, and Henry Mancini. (don't judge me, Henry is a genius!!)

Two microfiber towels

A spare set of keys

Owners manual

A comparison booklet of the 1960 lark to other compact cars, released by Studebaker. (in case I come across some corvair, valiant or falcon driver)

Spare set of points, and a condenser.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

I'll have to check Pete's glovebox, but I'm sure there's still a few items in there that were there when he took me to South Bend in 1997.[:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A picture says a thousand words....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

I remember buying a small stack of those service reminders a while back.
        Seems the Stude owner was having new ones made, because his old ones were wrong in this century[:0].
        They came out of an early 50's Stude, but slid right into the glove box door on the Yellow POS..
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 50Champ

A picture says a thousand words....
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

So far anyway, no gloves.

Comment

Studebaker first aid kit. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Ya know, Dan - you've provided some inspiration. I'm gonna put a cheap pair of cotton work gloves in Pete's "Glove Box".[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, I don't have gloves in my glovebox...but I do in my trunk!

50 champ, that is a beautiful glove box! Those Swiss army knifes are worth their weight in gold...three times over. I should put mine in my glove box as well...wait, I DO have it in my glove box...in my chevy truck...

Is that box that says "BOWES" fuses?

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

quote:[i]Originally posted by tutone63

50 champ, that is a beautiful glove box! Those Swiss army knifes are worth their weight in gold...three times over. I should put mine in my glove box as well...wait, I DO have it in my glove box...in my chevy truck...

Is that box that says "BOWES" fuses?
                  Thank you. I used to have a big box full of tools in the trunk but it liked to slide all over the place so I replaced it with the knife.

Yes, those are Bowes fuses. They were in there when I bought the car last summer and are probably pretty old, as is the Firestone ice scraper....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Fuses, aspirin, gas lid key, and the radio.

Jeff Jones
                    Tucson Arizona
                    1947 M-5

Comment

Protection

========================
                      63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
                      Martinez, CA

Comment

Not enuff room

Live your dreams!
                        Live your dreams!

Comment

In my 62 Champ pickup glove box i have one of those wind up flash lights,pair of brown work gloves,extra fuses pad&pen
                          tooth picks,pair of reading glasses.I also have the same stuff in my 63 Avanti.

Lenny
                          Atlanta Ga.

Comment

When I got my '53, all I found in there was a giant mouse next [xx(]

Now I have a couple maps, calculator, pens, maintenence log book, and insurance papers.

Sometime I ought to check out my Dads's '55 ford pickup. He's had it since '68 and the glove box ss full of "stuff". I think some of it may be from the original owner... After it got full he started keeping a old coffee can on the floor [:0]

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Radio and Insurance ID Card for NYS.

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.
                              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X