Could get lonely here in the "Hinterlands"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could get lonely here in the "Hinterlands"

For those of us "poor schleps" unable to attend the Cedar Rapids meet, it might get pretty lonely this coming week. Any of you guys who have the ability to keep in touch...keep us informed. Keep your cameras ready and loaded. Last week when my family and I had our "Drive your Studebaker" event, I took pictures on the road.[^] However, I got so excited and busy visiting with others at the meet, I forgot to take pictures. I hope you all have a great time and safe trips!

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

John, I will have my laptop, and will post pictures whenever I have a chance.

I'm getting ready to head out now. Driving 4 hours to Atlanta in the '58, staying there for the weekend. Sunday night, I take a 2 hour flight into Cedar Rapids. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Look out in the airport, Matt. The latest security measures may be shocking for someone not used to flying. Suffice it to say if they have you remove your shoes, get ready for a strip search and rubber gloves.

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
      Jim
      Often in error, never in doubt
      http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

So, Christine won't be at Cedar Rapids? Bummer.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

Look out in the airport, Matt. The latest security measures may be shocking for someone not used to flying. Suffice it to say if they have you remove your shoes, get ready for a strip search and rubber gloves.

Jim
          Yes, YES YES, Just heard, not sure if it will be implemented by this weekend, but, they may start making people take apart their cell phones and remove the battery cause you can slip a razor blade in there......

Ok how about my shorts pocket? that amount of metal wouldn't set off an alarm.

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Peepul in Jawjuh wear shoes?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

The quality and quantity of the pictures and video last year made not being in Lancaster more bearable. Please post if you can.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
              "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Air Port Security is a PAIN with a good purpose,it's here to stay. I hope it works as well as we are made to believe it works.

Comment

When we travelled in Europe, the train systems were much faster when you figured in airport time for security and most cities only had one place to get on a plane. I've always wondered how the train stations get by with such little security, but I suppose they do take more hits than air travel. I wonder if you factor in "passenger miles" like they do comparing air to auto travel how the numbers look?

And speaking of auto travel, (had to get back on topic) what is the percentage of folks arriving in style in a Stude at the International vs other inferior modes of travel?

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
                  Jim
                  Often in error, never in doubt
                  http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

And speaking of auto travel, (had to get back on topic) what is the percentage of folks arriving in style in a Stude at the International vs other inferior modes of travel?
                    Inferior,106 no air, cranky woman, old dude,plane to catch. Cheby uplander it is.

Comment

As Paul Harvey used to say -Just what, not why: I always take my passport with me even flying domestic. For some reason the check in people seem to like it when you have a drivers license AND passport for photo IDs. Or maybe it's just my honest face and kind demeanor.

Doug

1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

I have already been warned about the airport security. I'm in Atlanta now, staying at Tom Elliott's house. Tom retired from Delta Airlines, so he filled me in on everything I need to know.

If all goes well, I will be there Sunday.

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Make sure you check your luggage before leaving. A friend of mine played a joke on another friend and put a whole box of dog buscuits in his suitcase. The drug dogs at the luggage inspection in Jamacia went nuts! The poor fellow had a lot of explaining to do.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Friends like that would no longer be friends
                            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

So, Christine won't be at Cedar Rapids? Bummer.
                              Sorry Nathan, but no, the '58 will not be in Cedar Rapids. Of course, it's only a thousand miles one way... [)]

The car is in Atlanta for the week at Tom's house, while he and I drool over Studes in Iowa. You're more than welcome to come look the car over if you want. But be forewarned, Tom's daughter might have hot wired it and have it out for a drive.... She'll fight you for the driver's seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X