• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridau 7-10 Eye Candy

Looks expensive!

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Another Beauty! Would like to see it with hood down!

Live your dreams!
      Live your dreams!

Comment

Strictly my UN-edookated, short-sited, opinion (as opposed to "ultimatum"). First, the work involved is top notch - as much as can be discerned from the vantage point provided by the photo.
        The powerplant? Sure - fine.

But the effect of distractful flame job is like staging a wet T-shirt competition and making the contestants wear ty-dyed T-shirts.[}] There's just not much that enhances what's underneath! That which Bob Bourke wrought. Maybe painted headlite bezels, but then that's what he wanted anyway.[^]

Rich, I like looking at all these eye candy things. Thanks for your efforts.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Not a problem Bob. I kinda like looking at all the different Studes myself.Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Hello, ChampTrucking. I've been enjoying your Eye Candy pics. Nice variety. Thanks for sharing them. What a surprise to see a car with which I am familiar! This one I haven't seen in some time and am unaware of its current whereabouts or ownership, but know that it was done by a guy here in southwest Washington (state, that is) named Don King. He and his brothers are known for first rate hot rod work, among other specialties. Don's also renowned for his graphics work. You may have noticed that this one is/was dubbed Stude Prunes. IIRC, Don told me that he'd had this car since high school or something, and finally gave it the "treatment", including the flames, tube chassis, wheelie bars, spoiler, blown big block Chevy and an ignition system that another friend (multiple Stude owner, as well) in his car club said the manufacturer could tune remotely (by phone or laptop or something). Very well set up, as I recall. Seems it was one of the cars judged by Ron and Luann Hall and myself at the '93 International Meet in Portland.

Comment

Working...
            X