PDA

View Full Version : Unusual part request

Gallivan
07-09-2009, 10:30 PM
There is a stainless molding that goes around the front edge of the interior panel that goes from the back seat to the rear edge of the door on my Golden Hawk. It covers the front vertical edge of that interior panel.
One of mine is pretty bent up.

Just wondered if anyone had one , or 2 for sale?

Gallivan
57 Golden Hawk
Golden, CO

Warren Webb
07-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Have you called Dennis @ SASCO? Chances are they are the same as the GT. If no stock is found, then those parts being stainless steel, can be straightened & polished so save them on all costs!

SASCO phone# 1-800-PAC HAWK (thats how I remember it, by my favorite Hawk)

60 Lark convertible
61 Champ
62 Daytona convertible
63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
63 Avanti (2)
66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Roscomacaw
07-10-2009, 01:04 AM
HOw about a photo?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

leyrret
07-10-2009, 04:26 AM
A vendor at Reedsville a couple years ago had a box of those pieces.At least the right side as I purchased two to fabricate into something else, which I still have. I doubt he's managed to be be rid of all of them. Haven't a clue as to his identity though. Maybe someone here can help if they set up in the same place each year. He was set up outside under the canopy next to the guy with the bus.

jbwhttail
07-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Are you talking about the piece at the bottom of the rear quarter window or a piece of interior trim? I have a few stainless pieces left over from my 56J project, a picture of any kind would help. Also are you looking for left or right side or both?

It is an addiction!

leyrret
07-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Is this the piece? Camera acting up so not a very good photo. http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/leyrret/IMG_0624.jpg
According to tag this is for front of quarter panel. 57-58 K bodied
Hawks. Come to think of it it may have been the guy with the bus.

Gallivan
07-10-2009, 10:11 PM
You guys are too fast! I went to post a picture, and there's already one up!!
I'm not sure at the moment which is right or left, but I can probably save the one that is pictured by Leyrret, but I need the other side, if you would like to sell one!

Email me at mike4@q.com with details.

Thanks once again, fellows!

Gallivan
57 Golden Hawk
Golden, CO

leyrret
07-11-2009, 04:44 AM
According to the tag the one pictured is the right side. I have two but no left as I had intended to cut hem and use elsewhere. If they are rare I should probably save them and find something else for my purpose.

bezhawk
07-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I have one! I'll bring it with me to CR.
I'll be there later in the week.
Brad

Allan Songer
07-11-2009, 09:24 AM
These are pretty easy to straighten and polish. The ones in my '56 were chewed up pretty good and they are perfect now--took about an hour or so . . .

Gallivan
07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Either I'm not as talented as Allen, or my pieces are in worse shape, but I've put about 3 hrs into the "good" side (right) and it's still not presentable.

I don't think I even want to attempt the left side one.

I won't be going to the CR meet, but if one of you guys wouln't mind mailing one, I would be glad to buy it. Email address in post above.

I also had an accident with the S-shaped molding on the front door, so I'm in the market for one of those, also

Gallivan
57 Golden Hawk
Golden, CO