phantom front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phantom front suspension

Has anyone on the forum ever installed a phantom front end by slick street stuff? I have had problems with mine and need help from someone who has succesfully installed one...Thank You joe dipipi@msn.com

Go to the top of the page and click on search and type in "Phantom front suspension",there is plenty of info to start you off.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

What problems are you having?

Comment

its a long story over 3 years but the one problem i still have after using 5 differnt springs and sending the car from pennsylvania to tennesse for rene to sort it out is that when I put the car on the lift the wheels kick out at the bottom but soon as i roll the car out the wheels straighten out. I have to leave for a meeting right now but I will list in detail the various problems i have had. I don't blame rene at slick street stuff for the problems since he has tried to help and I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that this is his fault i just want to get the front end corrected. will post again tommorrow in more detail..Thank you for the reply.joseph dipipi

Comment

All unequal length a arm suspensions will do this to a certain extent when the car is lifted to let the wheels hang free,nothing unusual about that. AS long as things are in line with the weight of the vehicle resting on the suspension. Without pictures it is hard for us to tell how severe the problem is.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I think as long as you "fly" your Stude. on the GROUND everything should be fine! [^] However going though the AIR, it could look a bit strange!

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Measure car height at bumper or wheel well as soon as you set it down and again after you move it. The geometry is probably such that it has to overcome tire friction to return to normal. Simply put the tires need to slide sideways. Which would explain why when you move it settles down returning the camber to normal. It's probably nothing to be concerned about as longs as everything is tight and set correctly once it's down. You see something similar but opposite on the front of a ford pickup with twin I-beam suspensions. It goes to the positive until you roll it and then it straightens up.

Comment

Working...
              X