50 commander rewired now I've got a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 commander rewired now I've got a question

So i got the car rewired at least under the hood.
    Now be cause I had a previous owners genius to paint the engine compartment black. Right over the wires and all. I have the wires to the front turn signals to connect up.

Where do they connect to? I'm looking at the wires right on the fire wall. I tried to follow the old wires but between the faded condition and the black paint. I have no clue where they connect to.

I didnt want to just guess at where they.
    I do have a diagram but it really doesn't help for this.

Thanks in advance.

Owner of a 1950 4 door Commander

I'll Tattoo you anytime!

you can find me at

Lucky Linda's Body Art 952-445-3281
    18 years in the tattooing biz
    I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
    sigpic
    I'll Tattoo you anytime!
    And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
    Crazy Lady Ink
    Shakopee Mn.
    952-445-3281
    27 years in the tattooing biz

I'm skipping the "connect wire to terminal" part since you say you have a diagram. Take a volt meter and check each wire for voltage when a particular function is engage. Turn on parking lights, and find the wire with voltage. Turn on left signal and find that wire. And so on.

If you have the diagram, then putting the correct hot wire on the correct terminal should be easy and clear. If you need more info, I'll open my book or someone else will contribute.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

If you have the diagram, then putting the correct hot wire on the correct terminal should be easy and clear. If you need more info, I'll open my book or someone else will contribute.
      Thanks Bob,

I think I need to blow up the size of the diagram. I think that will help me see what I need to do.

I think I might just be acting like an idiot on this one.
      sigpic
      I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
      Shakopee Mn.
      952-445-3281

Comment

after you blow them up use colored pencils or fine tip markers to highlight diagram, it will help you from getting cross-eyed

ap

Comment

On my car, without going out to look, I think the buss for the front lights is on the front left (driver's side) fender. I also think it is mounted more or less perpendicular to the outside line of the body. There are 5 terminals on this buss. The one to the outside is R, the right directional lights. The next terminal toward the inside is S, the left directional lights. The center terminal is O, the tail lights. The second to inside terminal is L, the brake lights. The inside terminal is P, the gas gauge.

Once you get the wires per voltage identified, then attach them to the apporpriate terminals and the lights should work. There are also busses on the fenders right behind the headlights, so be sure to check for connection quality on those also.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Once you get the wires per voltage identified, then attach them to the apporpriate terminals and the lights should work. There are also busses on the fenders right behind the headlights, so be sure to check for connection quality on those also.
            Well I believe I have the wires on the buses by the lights right. I guessed mostly right for most of the car. the only thing I couldn't really decipher was the buss on the fire wall drivers side.

I will use your advise thanks!
            sigpic
            I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
            Shakopee Mn.
            952-445-3281

Comment

Working...